TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

All weather floor mats - 7 seat configuration

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by MidwestMX, Jun 3, 2018.

1. MidwestMX

MidwestMX Member

So far the only option I have found for the new 7 seat configuration is the Tough Pro mats. Anyone know of any other options that are rubber and good quality? I’ve heard weather tech and Tesla will be coming out soon but I called weather tech and they said they do not even have a fit completed for that configuration and don’t see them coming anytime soon. Please feel feee to share any good options or feedback on the quality of the Tough Pro mats.

2. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

Yeah, at least one thread on this and we have no idea why it takes 8-plus months for the info to get created on the seven position bench seat model! I don’t have any info on other brands and would like recommendations also!

3. bairesman

bairesman Member

I am on the same boat, I am taking delivery of my MX soon and I really don't want to use it without proper mats. My kids will destroy it in a month and the Tough Pro mats are not my preferred choice...

4. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

What’s wrong with mats posted on Tesla site ? I have same ones but for six seater ...I use topfit mats for back as they cover back of third row folded and unfolded ...not a fan also of tough pro mats

5. MidwestMX

MidwestMX Member

They don’t nske a 7 seater model for post August 2017 configuration.

6. bairesman

bairesman Member

I ended up taking the plunge on the Tough pro as I really need the protection. I cannot believe nobody else sees the business opportunity...

7. Jayrod

Jayrod Member

Crazy isn't it.

8. MidwestMX

MidwestMX Member

I did as well.

9. MidwestMX

MidwestMX Member

So I just talked with the SC and they said that the current 5 seater floor mats work with the new 7 seat configuration. Anyone know if this is true?

10. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

I thought seven seaters slide ? The five seat mat notch doesn’t look like it can account for that ....

11. MidwestMX

MidwestMX Member

That’s what I was thinking. If this was the case why wouldn’t they have a current 7 seat configuration on the site for sale.

12. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

Based on the tough pro versions I see on amazon the notches look different from the five and seven seaters :oops:

13. MidwestMX

MidwestMX Member

My Tough Pro mats arrived and for the price, they are pretty nice. They will at least get by until weather tech or Tesla make some for the 7 seat configuration. Come rolled up so I’m laying flat until the X arrives!

14. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

The five seater ones do not work. The seat (posts) are different. The new (August 2017 seven seat bench) slides in two pieces.

The story is that WeatherTech is waiting for the floor details/scans/whatever. For almost a year. Makes no sense to me, either. I've been waiting since last September. :D

15. onlinespending

1.5 months ago I emailed WeatherTech and I was told that the new 7-seat mats would be available in roughly 4 weeks. Emailed them again late last week and they didn't have any new information and basically told me to hang tight. So hopefully soon

16. City Racer

City Racer Member

Of course they do. I just ordered it from their site.

17. MidwestMX

MidwestMX Member

Lol just saw last night that they posted to the site. Finally!!

18. Jayrod

Jayrod Member

Anything for the 5 seater yet?

19. City Racer

City Racer Member

Everything is available.

20. Jayrod

Jayrod Member