Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All weather floor mats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like Tesmanian is releasing another mat for the back of the 2nd row seats so that way when folded down the entire back is protected! Can't wait to see a video of these in action: 2020 Tesla Model Y Second Row Seats Back Cover Mats
I thought I read on a forum that with their Tesmanian Trunk Mat Cargo liner they couldn't recline the 2nd row seats with it in..can anyone with them confirm that?

no problem reclining with the trunk mats in place. the seat back mats look nice. I would buy them if they can stay attached when the back seats are upright.

Reactions: rsinger2
I personally like the Maxpider ones, but waiting to see the final version for the Y. A friend of mine has them for his 3 and I don't like what they did on the 2nd row mat. They should have the spill-catcher bulge closer to the outside edge and the mats need to extend under the seats in front of them more. If they can address this for the Y, then they will get my order.

I'm sort of tempted by the Tasmanian mats, but have not seen them in person. To me they don't look any better than the Weathertech or Husky liners. I wish Husky would make their exact-fit rubbery mats for Tesla vehicles. They're fantastic and don't warp over time like the other heavy duty liners. If the Maxpider ones still have a problematic 2nd row, then I guess I'll consider other options... Really liked the Lloyds Mats we had in our X with the black honeycomb rubber. I just wish they could have manufactured them with a more finished edge. But functionality wise they were excellent and didn't look bad at all.

The Tesmanian MY mat seems to have an inward bend on the driver's side by the acceleration pedal... not fixing itself.

same issue on mine. i contacted their Sales email and was instructed to heat up the area. I did that with my heatgun but it didn't make any difference. Waiting now to hear back on what to do next...

edit: they will send a replacement driver side mat. Top notch customer service.

Last edited:
same issue on mine. i contacted their Sales email and was instructed to heat up the area. I did that with my heatgun but it didn't make any difference. Waiting now to hear back on what to do next...

Unless it's the same. Very limited right now for sure, hoping the Maxpider ones are available soon and fit well. Just checked the Weathertech site - they don't even list the Y yet. Surprised it takes so long.

I just let my tesmanian mats sit out for 12 hours and then put them in the MY. They fit great in front seats, but the back has a little bend against the rear seats. Doesn't seem like a big deal.

• Love
Reactions: PKOttawa

Update - replacement front driver side mat received and much tighter fit. Thank you @vinvin218

IMG_1289.JPG

Currently you can preorder the MAXpider 3D mats from either RPM Tesla or PartCatalog via the following links:

Model Y MAXpider 3D All-Weather Floor Mats - $199

Tesla Model Y - MAXpider Rubber Floor Mats [Covers Front & Rear, Black] MAX234838

Thank you for the links! I ordered at RPM, looks like it should be coming out soon. I always wanted these on my Model 3 and decided to go a cheaper option which didn't turn out as good, but now for sure ordered these for my Model Y. Just ordered the Front / Rear Set for $205 + Trunk Only (Didn't need Frunk) $110.
Model Y MAXpider 3D KAGU Trunk & Frunk Floor Mats $91 & $109

My Tesla rep says yes. Tesla will have their own all weather mats for the Model y "before the weather turns bad in the Fall"

These will most likely be WeatherTech made mats, which is what I would prefer to get. I think the difference between the Tesla and the WeatherTech branded mats is that the Tesla ones will have the "Model Y" badging on the mat. Also, you should be able to order this from the Tesla online store when they become available.

Another +1 for the Tesmanian mats. They fit great, wouldn't think twice if they came with the car as I believe they could be OEM. Have the frunk/trunk well/trunk mats as well. Just ordered the organizer. Quality stuff.