Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All-Weather Lloyd Mats Installed (pics)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I like them! Has an industrial look to it. They even tossed in a bonus matt for the frunk.

DSC00698.jpg
DSC00696.jpg
DSC00693.jpg
DSC00688.jpg
DSC00690.jpg
DSC00695.jpg
DSC00694.jpg

Reactions: pchan
Buyer beware, I bought all 7 pieces from CARiD ( CARiD.com - Auto Parts & Accessories | Car, Truck, SUV, Jeep ) and 5 of them fit perfectly, like they were precisely laser machined. Two of them (driver seat and full-size trunk mat), though, have pretty big bubbles because they're too large. The full-size trunk piece, in particular, is really concerning because it means it's rubbing against the 3rd row leather with a lot of pressure.

I sent the info and photos to CARiD, who reached out to Lloyd's, and apparently Lloyd's response is that this is how they're designed. :( I was surprised, given the reputation of Lloyd's on the forum, but they're clearly mis-sized. CARiD is giving me a refund for those two pieces, but apparently I now have to figure out how to cut them down to size myself.

@petfansNetwork had his car measured for these mats (see Lloyd Mats - Rubbertite mats in the X? Good? ), so maybe there's been some slight change in production since then? I don't know, but I'm pretty disappointed.

For what it's worth, they also don't have mounts or holes that work with the factory mounts. In fact, they have ugly holes drilled in them for hooks but they're drilled *right above* the Tesla factory mounts, which means you can't install a hook even if you wanted to. :(

Pics:

Front Driver's seat:
i-DzqP7RH-M.png

i-pxNDnF9-L.png

i-rDJhFCV-XL.png

i-2hQf23M-S.png

i-T77QJfT-L.png

Rear full trunk mat (3rd row seats down):
i-McZBZwL-X3.jpg

i-Lphff36-X3.jpg

Wow.... That red is bright!!

EVEverything sent me an amazing "sample" of a single mat for my current vehicle (don't have my X yet). While it seems quite durable and easy to clean, it is basically a huge sheet that almost looks like was a school project to cut out. Definitely does not exude the finish and style of the rest of the car. I'm thinking I'll wait for the weathertechs for the seat mats, then possibly the Lloyds for trunk and frunk. Now to go see my friend's weathertechs in his S...

I think the punctured holes for the attachment hooks frustrate me more than anything with these mats. No reason they didn't take the extra time to make or include proper fasteners to work with the X.

I was not expecting to receive the full cargo mat with our order and actually have not put it in the car, our seats are almost always up and the couple times we've folded them it was for some bags and things. Didn't have the cargo mat with us. I'll have to check the fit on it to see if it's off too. I had the slight bulge in the driver's mat along the right edge. Not as noticeable on my black mats and I had them in the car for a few days before I really noticed it was a problem with fit. I made a couple marks with a white marking pencil and trimmed a small sliver off with a utility knife. Perfect fit now.

These mats were rushed to market for sure. I really think they need to do everyone a favor and adjust their templates for cutting to fix the sizing issues. And I'm still not sure why that 2nd row mat has to be in two pieces.

Still getting lots of compliments on the mats and they perform well. I like the material they're made from but think they could do better with the design and fit and proper attachments for the Tesla hook and loop (Velcro) attachment points. They should devise a way to put a finished edge or binding on these mats to finish them off. Even heat-crimping a rubber strip or something around the perimeter could make all the difference.

Wow, not sure what to think of those red mats. Then again, I almost ordered white for ours, but then came to my senses and got the black. Heh.

We have the Lloyd's mats for both the S and X. The ones in the X fit way better than the red ones above and I didn't have any problems installing the hooks on the driver's side. The ones in the S have worked really well for about 3.5 years. These things are really durable.

I have used the Lloyds material in mats for a number of years and the material is very durable. They are a pain to clean if you get them very dirty. A pressure washer or a lot of brushwork is required. If they fit too tightly in a particular place, you can cut the material easily with scissors.

Reactions: ChadS
I am glad I went with Lloyds. I didn't like the look in the photos, but it looks very good in person. And the fit is great. A slight bulge is visible where the leather sides of the rear seats are, but I will cut a small slice off, and that should fix the issue.