Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All-Weather Mat with Rear Facing Latches; Cut It?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Warning...obvious, dumb question ahead!

Took delivery in March but with three kids I have yet to put down the jump seats. We use them virtually every day. Today I'm going on a road trip after work so I put the seats down. I had previously purchased the All-Weather mat package so I had the large trunk mat in the garage but had never put it in.

Laying the mat down last night I realized that the latches for the rear facing seats make it impossible for the mat to lie flat. If I stuff the edge under the latch, the mat bows in the middle. So for now, I have it as shown in the attached picture.

Looking at the mat, it does have that raised "wall" right where the latches are. I'm wondering...is the intent that I cut out the rubber there? Has anyone else done this? Does the cut come out clean? Curious on solutions others may be using.

Thanks!

Attachments

• TrunkMat.jpg
    TrunkMat.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 334
It's pretty common for all-weather mats to have little sections like this where the cars varies based on options. Typically they're designed to be cut, just as you suspected. I've done it on other vehicles, but I don't have the rear-facing seats so I haven't done it with the Tesla mats.