Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All weather mats…. Tis the season (POLL)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys ,

OEM Tesla all weather mats (apparently also made by weathertech) unconfirmed

VS

3D maxspider/other third party

I ask because everyone raves about the 3D but I’ve always kinda been a “get what the manufacturer” designed for the car. Are the OEM ones that bad ? They are $225…

The OEM All-Weather are made by Weathertech, they state so on the back of the mats. I think it all depends on the user (you) needs.

If you're in an area that rains a lot, I'd say OEM All-Weather.
If you're in an area that gets a lot of rain and snow and all that comes with it, maybe a full covering might do better (think Tux Mats, F1 Mats, etc).
If you're in an area that gets some rain from time to time, then a slimmer mat (LDCRS Mats, 3D Max, etc...).

Personally, I live in Florida, it rains a lot (understatement), I've tried 3D Max, LDCRS, and OEM All-Weather. 3DMax seems to be practically the same thing as LDCRS (some have said that the 3D Max mats are thinner, I didn't measure, so I can't can't confirm that), just like triple the price. I tend to lean towards the OEM All-Weather matts, mainly because they have higher ridges/walls (w/e) and keep the water on the mat (better). Also, they seem to work better for large spills (as someone spelled half a bottle of water in my car, but it all stayed on the mat). My second choice would be LDCRS, 3D Max's are a bit overpriced imo, I'd go for tux mats or something before I went to 3DMax. I still may end up buying a set of Tux Mats, mainly for the passenger and rear, since my husky can be messy, lol.

Upvote 0
The OEM All-Weather are made by Weathertech, they state so on the back of the mats. I think it all depends on the user (you) needs.

If you're in an area that rains a lot, I'd say OEM All-Weather.
If you're in an area that gets a lot of rain and snow and all that comes with it, maybe a full covering might do better (think Tux Mats, F1 Mats, etc).
If you're in an area that gets some rain from time to time, then a slimmer mat (LDCRS Mats, 3D Max, etc...).

Personally, I live in Florida, it rains a lot (understatement), I've tried 3D Max, LDCRS, and OEM All-Weather. 3DMax seems to be practically the same thing as LDCRS (some have said that the 3D Max mats are thinner, I didn't measure, so I can't can't confirm that), just like triple the price. I tend to lean towards the OEM All-Weather matts, mainly because they have higher ridges/walls (w/e) and keep the water on the mat (better). Also, they seem to work better for large spills (as someone spelled half a bottle of water in my car, but it all stayed on the mat). My second choice would be LDCRS, 3D Max's are a bit overpriced imo, I'd go for tux mats or something before I went to 3DMax. I still may end up buying a set of Tux Mats, mainly for the passenger and rear, since my husky can be messy, lol.
Thank you so much for the in depth reply. Never even heard of Tux. But I just looked them up and to get a full set with the trunk liner as well it’s about the same price as OEM. I just worry quality wise.

Two of my colleagues that also have MY both bought 3D max and just rave about them; but with no specific detail. It’s almost cult like. lol!

I’m in NY. Don’t get as much rain as you I’m sure but we have two (small) dogs also and two kids so I want to see what’s the most damage preventing 😂

Upvote 0
I'm a sucker for OEM parts and accessories so I went with the Tesla all weather mats and for the most part I like them, but I hate the fact that the dead pedal area has half the coverage than what the carpeted mats had. I like to rest my foot on the dead pedal but find myself lowering my foot so I'm not touching the carpet now. My dad went with tesmanian mats which look almost identical to Tesla but offer more coverage and for a cheaper price.

Reactions: Tes-londa
Upvote 0
I'm a sucker for OEM parts and accessories so I went with the Tesla all weather mats and for the most part I like them, but I hate the fact that the dead pedal area has half the coverage than what the carpeted mats had. I like to rest my foot on the dead pedal but find myself lowering my foot so I'm not touching the carpet now. My dad went with tesmanian mats which look almost identical to Tesla but offer more coverage and for a cheaper price.
Thanks for that insight. I consider myself to be the same way but wow. I know what you mean why would they cover like half a foot size. Hmmm.

Upvote 0
Thanks for that insight. I consider myself to be the same way but wow. I know what you mean why would they cover like half a foot size. Hmmm.
Before my LDCRS mats came in, I installed a dead pedal cover. I just left it under the mats when they arrived. There's a pic in this post:

Upvote 0
I couldn’t be happier with my Tasmanian all weather mats. I got the two trunk and frunk mats too. Rugged, good looking, really full coverage, and perfect fit.
Ditto here. An advantage of these over mats like the LDCRs and the MaxSpiders is they have grooves/channels to that hold more water, snow and slush. If you live in an area that has winter I’d go with these or the Tesla/Weathertech mats. The Tesmanian mats have the advantage of being $70-90 cheaper.

Upvote 0
Ditto here. An advantage of these over mats like the LDCRs and the MaxSpiders is they have grooves/channels to that hold more water, snow and slush. If you live in an area that has winter I’d go with these or the Tesla/Weathertech mats. The Tesmanian mats have the advantage of being $70-90 cheaper.
Any thoughts on Tux ? Honestly never heard of them until this thread. Someone said they were good. Have heard of tesmanian though. Shame OEM ones aren’t that good ? For 225$ and it doesn’t come with trunk mat

Upvote 0
I went with Tuxmat because the coverage is so much higher on all sides. The problem with them is more around the seat side. I was not able to insert my insert my underseat drawers. As a result I hacked the mats right at the seat to make the trays fit. If I was not passed the return window I would have picked something else.

Upvote 0
I have always gone WeatherTech, so when (or before) my Y comes in, that's what they'll be. I need not question their quality, and there is no plastic smell that is objectionable. When I can drive 14 miles south, and pick them up at the WT store in Bolingbrook in less than an hour and pay $0 shipping, and also get a free latte at their bar and poke around playing with things in the showroom, it isn't a difficult choice. I don't know if I'll get the cargo liner since there are options that cover the back of the rear seats area, but front and 2nd row is a given. Frunk, I might just cut up an old piece of carpet and lay that down.

Upvote 0
For the floor mat selection, this blog might help. I bought mine here, and everything is good, fully covered dead pedal area and passenger footwell.

Upvote 0