Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All weather mats and trunk tray?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi.
My model S delivery will be scheduled soon.
I am looking to get all weather mats and trunk tray before hand so I can install them at delivery.

Tesla is selling their all weather mats for $245.
Their trunk tray is for $200.

Let me know what all weather mats and trunk tray u guys are using and what's your experience.

Thanks

I had the original front and rear all weather mats from Tesla. The edges fold in after a while, with gravel and dirt going underneath

My experiences have been similar. (BTW these mats are originally made by Weathertech and sold by Tesla.) They're a good idea but I'm less than enthused with their execution.

I might look into some third-party all-weather mats such as the 3D MAXpiders.

Bruce.

Admittedly, I have the M3 but just received my Tuxmats and they are amazing. I've been a tried and true Weathertech guy as long as I can recall and my other car ('16 Outback) has Weathertech as well as my previous SUV that my daughter has now. In any case, I love Weathertech, but the Tuxmat are a step up. They are much more pliable and softer too. I suspect they won't get that greying that the Weathertech's get. My wife was knocked over when I put them in Friday and just couldn't believe how nice they were. I can't speak to the 3D Maxpider, but between Weathertech and Tuxmat, no contest - pick the Tuxmat. :)

Thanks guys.
Initially i was looking at cheaper ones around $140 but it's a super expensive car for my standards so want to get something better.
The Tuxmats looks really nice but have no reviews on amazon. Weathertech are around $190.

3D Maxpider look the best IMHO and some ppl in amazon reviews are saying they find these better and lighter than weathertech and have owned both.

I am going with 3D maxspider.
Keep in mind the 3 mat set they sell on Amazon is going for $237.
But if you buy the front 2 and 2nd row separately it comes down to $213.66 before tax.

I will save money on a trunk mat Tesla website is selling one for $200, I will probably go with this one for $80:
https://www.amazon.com/ToughPRO-Tes...7816341&sr=1-5&keywords=tesla+model+trunk+mat

I bought the 3D maxpider mats too, after having owned a couple of sets of weathertech for various cars over the years. They look *far* better in person than weathertech, much less plastic-truck-floor-ish. They're also super light, and they stick pretty well.

The only thing I don't like about them is the big chrome "3D" logo. You can remove it, but then you have to plug 2 tiny holes where the pins stick through for them to be truly waterproof.

I bought them from Tesla since i was not sure what problems may occur and the original one is always a better choice than third-party ones. After about two months, they still look nice. But I am considering buying from Amazon next time for the original ones are too expensive.

I bought them from Tesla since i was not sure what problems may occur and the original one is always a better choice than third-party ones. After about two months, they still look nice. But I am considering buying from Amazon next time for the original ones are too expensive.
Amazon has a couple of decent options but anything good is above $200. Mats last a long time so I went with 3d maxpider, will update next week about installation.

I want to get a nice trunk tray, Tesla one is freaking $200

Amazon has a couple of decent options but anything good is above $200. Mats last a long time so I went with 3d maxpider, will update next week about installation.

There must be reasons for their high prices. Since they are all this expensive, just choose a quality one.

I bought the 3D maxpider mats too, after having owned a couple of sets of weathertech for various cars over the years. They look *far* better in person than weathertech, much less plastic-truck-floor-ish. They're also super light, and they stick pretty well.

The only thing I don't like about them is the big chrome "3D" logo. You can remove it, but then you have to plug 2 tiny holes where the pins stick through for them to be truly waterproof.

I bought these for my new S. I had the Tesla/Weathertech ones on my prior car. I like the 3D maxpiders better. The fit is absolutely perfect.

Anyone have 3D Maxpider with 2018 model S? I went on Amazon's but after entering 2018 model S as the car, page says it doesn't fit, not sure what the difference is (says 2017 model S fits).

Also considering TuxMat for inside (no review on Amazon though) and TopFit for trunks.

I have them in my 2018 (delivered 1st week of September) 75D. The front fit perfectly, the back fit *very* snugly around the tracks that hold the front seats. I was able to get mine completely flat with some elbow grease, but I've read others had to trim 1/8" notch around the driver's side right floor rail. If you did have to trim, it's very thin material and the place you'd trim it is basically invisible because it's under the driver's seat.

• Helpful
Reactions: hqubic