Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All weather protection kit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wish the code was for rear door repaint. I'm 25,000 miles in at this point. The email is too little too late.
I noted the same mess on my rear door 18 months and about the same 25k miles this past summer....after some pretty difficult discussions the SC agreed to fix under warranty (my front and rear door panels were horribly aligned) they painted (touched up) and applied the PPF...the new code worked form and the mud flaps will arrive just in time for spring / summer

Man, I just picked up a new MYP last week in the rocky mountains without flaps or PPF. I could use some discount action to counter my utter confusion of why in a place that has snow and slop on the roads 6 months of the year that the car didn't come with these items pre applied.

Finger's X'ed that I get an email as well so I can have a spare set for the ones that I already purchased.

@Mike_TV , can you elaborate on why you think it's a good marketing move to do a give away to select customers only?? If you were a teacher, would you indiscriminately give away something to 10 kids (no reason given) in a class of 30 and think it was a good move?
That's not really a good analogy as teachers don't charge for their service. A better one would be a grocery store giving every other customer some free items. That said, it would be interesting to understand Tesla's algorithm for this. My Feb 2021 produced car had no PPF or flaps but I haven't gotten the email.

Reactions: Flybuddy
It's nice that Tesla does something positive for a select group of owners. Unfortunately, the goodwill attained is more than negated by word getting out to other customers who were not included.
It’s possible they didn’t have 500k kits available at one good will launch so they opted to roll out in groups vs hearing people complain they are waiting.

Reactions: Mike_TV
Or they have seen enough issues with earlier builds like my blue June 2020 that they are trying to be proactive? I see a bunch of posts but not many reference points, meaning the DOM of your car and its color. Could be related to a color and/or when it was built and/or the state you reside, meaning winter weather with rock salt. Or maybe there is a new kit coming with some improvements and they are giving away old stock? Who knows, it is Tesla and I have as much luck trying to figure them out as I do with the opposite sex.