Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All weather/winter tire for Model Y Performance - Alternatives to Nokian WRG4 and Micheline Cross Climate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Michelin PS AS4 and the CC2 are good choices if you expect winter driving conditions or occasionally head into the mountains to ski. In the DC Metro area you might want to consider the Vredestein Quatrac Pro all season tire (available in 255/45-19.) Although the brand is relatively new to drivers in the US the Quatrac Pro has proven to be a very capable all season tire for the Tesla Model Y that costs considerably less than the Michelin AS4 or the CC2. As happened in 2021 and 2022 the Vredestein Quatrac Pro will probably be back ordered if you wait too much longer to purchase.
Great I appreciate the recommendation, I will check it out. And exactly, we want to be able to head into the mountains for skiing and sightseeing when it does snow.

Pick up my winter tires during a sale on Amazon. 185.00 per tire. Build date was 0521 Falken wildpeak A/T Trail.

Going on stock 19s.

PXL_20220901_180726986.MP.jpg

Pick up my winter tires during a sale on Amazon. 185.00 per tire. Build date was 0521 Falken wildpeak A/T Trail.

Going on stock 19s.

View attachment 848066
Great price. You’ll like it for sure. I was thinking on running two sets too but i liked it so much i ran them year long. Lately on my 70 mile commute I’ve been getting around 275Wh/m, 50% with traffic 50% at 70mph

Reactions: Jdmoto
Can the CC2 be used with Tesla Y Performance Model? Lacking knowledge in this area!
Why would you need the Crossclimate 2 all-season tire in Clearwater Beach, FL?

No the CC2 is not available for the Performance Model Y in the factory wheel and tire sizes:

Front: 255/35R-21 XL 98W
Rear: 275/35R-21 XL 103W

The following Michelin tires are available in these sizes, will fit the Performance Model Y

Michelin Pilot Sport All-Season 4
Michelin Pilot Sport EV

Still glad you chose these? Any problems with them?

I’m leaning towards getting these as well. And what kind of range hit have you seen?
The range hit is about less than 10% Id say closer to 4-5% I can't really get exact range hit cause of the temperate change during the time i had OEM tires on.
Any issues with this size? I was planning on doing the same thing but it looks like this is right at the max at 29.6" diameter. Do you get any rubbing at all? Do you have a lift kit installed as well?
No Issues, no rubbing. The tire is louder than stock, how much louder.. after a few hundred miles its noticeably louder during hwy driving at 42 psi. To counter that, I just turn up the music volume haha...

• Informative
Reactions: PNWLeccy
The range hit is about less than 10% Id say closer to 4-5% I can't really get exact range hit cause of the temperate change during the time i had OEM tires on.

No Issues, no rubbing. The tire is louder than stock, how much louder.. after a few hundred miles its noticeably louder during hwy driving at 42 psi. To counter that, I just turn up the music volume haha...
Awesome thank you!