TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

All you guys with a rez number above 6300 will get your MX a little sooner

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Barry, Oct 12, 2014.

1. Barry

Barry Member

I just cancelled my MX rez and ordered an S85D.

Primary reason I reserved the MX was for AWD. As an empty nester, I don't need the additional space, and don't like the doors.

2. robby

robby Member

Congratulations and thank you.

3. Bighorn

Bighorn Member

Seems like it may become a common theme. Does anyone know the increased clearance on the Model X? That's one of the few arguments I could see for a reasonable number of customers.

4. AnxietyRanger

AnxietyRanger Active Member

I guess quite a few people may consider this option. Unfortunately for myself, I just have to have those Falcon Wings and the misery that will surely follow from them in practice.

Ground clearance is a bonus, too, of course.

5. TexasEV

TexasEV Active Member

This may even be part of the plan. With the Model X delays, Tesla may have come out with the dual motor Model S to try to get some people waiting for the Model X to buy a Model S now.

6. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

Unlikely ... I heard internally that the Model S AWD would likely be introduced late Q3, prior to Model X & posted that at the beginning of this year. To me, this all seemed right on schedule.

7. AnxietyRanger

Wasn't Model X originally slated to come out earlier, though?

8. bonnie

At that point in time, no - I thought I'd be getting my Sig sometime late fall, perhaps by EOY. I heard Model S AWD would definitely come out before Model X (which was a surprise to me).

9. Cottonwood

Cottonwood Roadster#433, Model S#S37

Well, maybe on schedule in the Tesla/Elon, time-warp universe. Oct 9 for the announcement is early Q4 and December for deliveries is late Q4...

10. bonnie

Awww, c'mon. It was pretty darn close. Missed it by 9 days. (And I was talking announcement.)

11. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

I think I see what you did there.

12. Hugh Mannity

Hugh Mannity Mediocre Member

nice and congratulations !! now if we can just get the other 12000+ peeps between you and I to cancel and order a P85D too .. :cool:

13. Merrill

Merrill Active Member

The more that drop out of the Model X the sooner I will get mine. Talk about what's in it for me syndrome!

14. AnxietyRanger

Thank you for the insight. Anyway, I still recall Model X was originally expected to arrive before the dual-motor Model S. Isn't the Model X something like a year late by the time we now expect it to hit the road? Maybe I remember wrong.

My only point being, I'm not sure Model X necessarily originally was slated to be out after an AWD Model S. Or do you think it was always the plan?

15. bonnie

From what I heard, it was the plan as of earlier this year. I can't speak to before that.

You're absolutely right regarding delays. I was hoping to have it by my birthday last December (and that seemed reasonable at the time). I don't expect to have it this year on my birthday.

Good news is that when you have another Tesla in the garage, it makes it much much easier to be patient. :)

16. AnxietyRanger

Don't I know it. I didn't have that another Tesla for the wait, so I had to buy one. :)