Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alliant backed up?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone recently applied for financing through Alliant? It's been nearly two weeks and we haven't heard anything other than the "underwriter is working on it". We've gotten mortgage approvals faster than this. :rolleyes:

The Alliant rep said they've been slammed with applications. Anyone else experiencing this?

Hope that doesn't equate into messed up delivery process for anyone. Keep us posted on your progress, we will start our process once car enters production...

I definitely will. I've been following other stories about Alliant and the general consensus has been that they're so quick.

If this is happening now, I wonder what will happen when the Model 3 starts rolling out.

Wow that is strange. On Friday my SC advisor called and said my X was in and I could take delivery anytime this week. He then put me in touch with a loan person at Alliant today and the whole process took only 30 minutes on the phone and I was approved. Then they emailed me the loan docs for electronic signature about an hour later and I signed and sent back. Whole process took maybe 45 minutes of my time. Easiest loan ever. I guess you just need to get the right loan rep. Is it possible you had some credit issues?

I got my pre-approval in less than 24 hours last week through their online system and an email.

So I doubt it's an overall backup. There's probably some piece of information missing or that they are trying to find/confirm, or it somehow got trapped on a desk somewhere.

Wow that is strange. On Friday my SC advisor called and said my X was in and I could take delivery anytime this week. He then put me in touch with a loan person at Alliant today and the whole process took only 30 minutes on the phone and I was approved. Then they emailed me the loan docs for electronic signature about an hour later and I signed and sent back. Whole process took maybe 45 minutes of my time. Easiest loan ever. I guess you just need to get the right loan rep. Is it possible you had some credit issues?

Credit issues I'd understand but we don't have any. There's a security freeze but that shouldn't delay the process for this long.

I got my pre-approval in less than 24 hours last week through their online system and an email.

So I doubt it's an overall backup. There's probably some piece of information missing or that they are trying to find/confirm, or it somehow got trapped on a desk somewhere.

We got the same email saying we were approved pending receipt of standard docs like W2 etc. That was over a week ago on a Friday and we sent everything they requested in that night. We didn't hear anything Monday and sent a follow up email. She didn't even bother to confirm receipt of the documents.