TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Alliant backed up?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by TslaMom, Aug 8, 2016.

1. TslaMom

TslaMom Member

Has anyone recently applied for financing through Alliant? It's been nearly two weeks and we haven't heard anything other than the "underwriter is working on it". We've gotten mortgage approvals faster than this. :rolleyes:

The Alliant rep said they've been slammed with applications. Anyone else experiencing this?

2. mspisars

mspisars Member

Hope that doesn't equate into messed up delivery process for anyone. Keep us posted on your progress, we will start our process once car enters production...

3. TslaMom

TslaMom Member

I definitely will. I've been following other stories about Alliant and the general consensus has been that they're so quick.

If this is happening now, I wonder what will happen when the Model 3 starts rolling out.

4. mspisars

mspisars Member

Oh, by then tesla will have "TeslaBank" and all will be good... :)

• Like x 1
  5. Rmsosu

Rmsosu Member

I received approval the same day I applied. About 2 weeks ago.

6. bak_phy

bak_phy Member

The whole thing only took about 30 minutes for me on the phone and another 5 electronically signing a few documents

It was almost scary how fast they could move that much money

7. Dawgfan

Dawgfan Member

My dealings were quick and smooth as silk.

8. TslaMom

TslaMom Member

Wow, this is really strange. We've reached out to the Alliant rep handling our application to get an update and she barely responds.

9. jbumps

jbumps Member

Would you mind sharing her name?

10. TslaMom

TslaMom Member

Sure, it's Vianney Delgado.

11. jbumps

jbumps Member

#11 jbumps, Aug 8, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
    I was hopeful I could give you some comfort, but we don't share the same rep. Ours was unresponsive at first, but the communication picked up nicely after initial introductions.

12. TslaMom

TslaMom Member

I appreciate that. Have you completed financing with them? If so, how long did it take?

13. Hitman007

Hitman007 Member

Wow that is strange. On Friday my SC advisor called and said my X was in and I could take delivery anytime this week. He then put me in touch with a loan person at Alliant today and the whole process took only 30 minutes on the phone and I was approved. Then they emailed me the loan docs for electronic signature about an hour later and I signed and sent back. Whole process took maybe 45 minutes of my time. Easiest loan ever. I guess you just need to get the right loan rep. Is it possible you had some credit issues?

14. Saghost

Saghost Active Member

I got my pre-approval in less than 24 hours last week through their online system and an email.

So I doubt it's an overall backup. There's probably some piece of information missing or that they are trying to find/confirm, or it somehow got trapped on a desk somewhere.

15. jbumps

jbumps Member

I haven't, so maybe I'm counting proverbial chickens. I was calling to inquire about thier qualifications, as our business debts might rub some creditors the wrong way. She was extremely responsive once I got in touch with her.

16. TslaMom

TslaMom Member

Credit issues I'd understand but we don't have any. There's a security freeze but that shouldn't delay the process for this long.

17. TslaMom

TslaMom Member

We got the same email saying we were approved pending receipt of standard docs like W2 etc. That was over a week ago on a Friday and we sent everything they requested in that night. We didn't hear anything Monday and sent a follow up email. She didn't even bother to confirm receipt of the documents.

18. mblanshard

mblanshard Member

They approved me on Wednesday of last week, got the MVPA yesterday at 1pm, and closed the loan at 5pm yesterday.