Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alliant Credit Union 1.49% for 72 months

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I believe any rate is only good for 30 days. so if your car is delivered after sept but within 30 days of you locking it in, you are fine. but if it's more than 30 days they have to repull your credit and you are subject to the new rates.

M.D - def not trying to stir stuff up but there was a thread a while back in June when alliant was saying the rate might expire and a lot of ppl's reps were initially saying they would hold it beyond 30 days. my rep at the time told me they would definitely have to repull after 30 and i would be subject to new rates and there was no way around it if car was coming later.

• Informative
Reactions: Model S M.D.
I believe any rate is only good for 30 days. so if your car is delivered after sept but within 30 days of you locking it in, you are fine. but if it's more than 30 days they have to repull your credit and you are subject to the new rates.

M.D - def not trying to stir stuff up but there was a thread a while back in June when alliant was saying the rate might expire and a lot of ppl's reps were initially saying they would hold it beyond 30 days. my rep at the time told me they would definitely have to repull after 30 and i would be subject to new rates and there was no way around it if car was coming later.

Definitely agree with you, locked in beyond 9/30, but only for max 30 days. If taking delivery in November, would not be guaranteed a low rate. Although it seems they run this 1.49% promotion pretty often.

Looks like the rate went up. Just checked tesla website. New 78 month term = 2.24%. New 72 term = 1.99%. Probably not that big of a change. What I did and DS suggested the same. Locked my rate in on Monday of this week. I have 30 days at said locked rate. If my delivery for some reason goes beyond the 30 days. I just start the loan a bit early, no biggie. But looks like the rate delta is not that drastic. So probably not that big of a deal anyway. But savings is savings.

-ThinkMac-

My 30 day loan rate with Alliant expires on Oct. 6th and my CPO will definitely not be ready by then. Being a CPO, I'm nervous about signing the papers before actual delivery but at the same time, I fear another hard credit pull may result in a rate increase (even though my credit should be exactly the same as before). Suggestions?

Last edited:
My 30 day loan rate with Alliant expires on Oct. 6th and my CPO will definitely not be ready by then. Being a CPO, I'm nervous about signing the papers before actual delivery but at the same time, I fear another hard credit pull may result in a rate increase (even though my credit should be exactly the same as before). Suggestions?
I see people have used lightstream with rate match to ACU. It's an unsecured loan. Maybe that's your backup plan.

Reactions: atcshagz
Yes, they pull Equifax but they don't use the FICO (or FAKO) score you're looking at. There are soooo many flavors of FICO scores out there.

Alliant (and PenFed) use an Equifax product known as Pinnacle 2.0 or NextGen. You're not going to know what that score is until it's pulled by a financial institution that uses it. It can be higher or lower than the FICO (or FAKO) score you're looking at.

Thanks for that information! After lots of calls and pressing for more information this was explained to me. I have learned lots of lessons with this. Ended up financing elsewhere and have had my X for ~ 3 weeks. :) I see you have one - any issues with squeaking of your brakes when in reverse? I'm being told it's "normal"??

Did you just go through the application on the Tesla lending website? Need to apply for funding when my order confirms on Sunday.

My DS told me not to fill out the loan paper until closer to delivery because the rate is only good for 30 days. After that they would have to pull your credit again. My car is currently in production and I haven't filled out any papers yet.

My DS told me not to fill out the loan paper until closer to delivery because the rate is only good for 30 days. After that they would have to pull your credit again. My car is currently in production and I haven't filled out any papers yet.

Are you worried that the rate you'll be getting is higher than you're expecting? I'd like to know the rate and terms before I'm locked in, but don't want to get my credit pulled twice.

Are you worried that the rate you'll be getting is higher than you're expecting? I'd like to know the rate and terms before I'm locked in, but don't want to get my credit pulled twice.
I think @bushburner is concerned of the credit being pulled twice, which has a possibility of the rate going higher if your score goes lower due to 2 hard pulls in a short period. That is a valid concern IMHO, I am also waiting for the delivery of my car to be closer to apply. Based on the info from the people above, I think you will get anywhere between 1.74 and 1.99% if you have >=740. Just my 2 cents.