Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alliant Credit Union 1.49% for 72 months

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got an offer of 1.99% for 60 months on a new inventory MX P100DL from TD Bank through Tesla Financing. List price $138,500. We are financing about $90k of that amount.

This was the only option offered to me. Credit score = 820.

Jason

Oooohhhh...a credit score of 820. I’m not quite there, at 781/789. I shall just have to wait and see what they offer me.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Hi, All.

Also, will my credit score take a hit EVERY time one of these outfits processes an application on my behalf?

Also, should I apply for the financing first before confirming an order?

Thank you.

I don't have the exact timing but when you are shopping for a car (or home mortgage) the credit agencies recognize you aren't trying to buy 3 or 4 cars or houses. So multiple inquiries wouldn't impact your score if done within a short period of time.

I wouldn't apply for credit until you have a delivery date for your vehicle as the credit offers usually expire in 30 days.

As for applying outside of Tesla not sure if that will result in a better deal. But, once you have a quote you can take that quote to see if any of those other lenders will meet or beat it.

The Model X is expensive enough were an 1/8 or 1/4 has an impact.

Reactions: avesraggiana
I’m really curious about what it takes to qualify for the “No Money Down” 105% financing that Alliant offers. Does anybody know how high your credit score has to be, and what your debt-to-income ratio has to be to qualify? I suspect other things go into it too, like length of credit history, but I’m sure the previous two numbers are metrics they go by.

Thanks.

I was offered 100% financing for about 160K. 1.49%. My credit score is 800+, top 1% salary, and some student loan debt, but not nearly as much as other physicians. I was approved in less than 10 minutes with no further paperwork required. I have no idea what goes into making the decision on how much they'll give you...

Reactions: avesraggiana
I don't have the exact timing but when you are shopping for a car (or home mortgage) the credit agencies recognize you aren't trying to buy 3 or 4 cars or houses. So multiple inquiries wouldn't impact your score if done within a short period of time.

I wouldn't apply for credit until you have a delivery date for your vehicle as the credit offers usually expire in 30 days.

As for applying outside of Tesla not sure if that will result in a better deal. But, once you have a quote you can take that quote to see if any of those other lenders will meet or beat it.

The Model X is expensive enough were an 1/8 or 1/4 has an impact.

Thank you for your input. I agree with your advice not to apply for financing until I have a delivery date in hand. I also don’t think I’d do any better outside of Tesla Lending, though I’ve read of members working out their own loans directly. My local credit union has a cap of $50000, and the only other immediate option I would look into is USAA. They may have a similar cap.

Thanks again for your input.

I was offered 100% financing for about 160K. 1.49%. My credit score is 800+, top 1% salary, and some student loan debt, but not nearly as much as other physicians. I was approved in less than 10 minutes with no further paperwork required. I have no idea what goes into making the decision on how much they'll give you...

You’re very fortunate, and decidedly more well off than me. My salary is more like in the top 15%, but I won’t be looking to finance more than $100,000 tops, and apart from my mortgage, I have no debt. I hope all those items will work in my favour. As another poster above just hinted at, I’m probably worrying too much over nothing.

Thanks for your input.

Was this offer this month and what are the terms? We got 2.74 for 78 months and 2.49 for 72 months. 800+ credit as well. Just curious.