Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alliant Credit Union 1.49% for 72 months

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The thing that usually snags people with excellent FICO scores and debt:income ratios is no prior history of installment loans within 20% of the request loan amount.

If you have previously borrowed a max of $50k and now you want $110k, the banks see that as increased risk. The irony of course is that for many of these people they had smaller loan amounts because they had more cash to put down. It's not just about having the cash to pay the loan; it's about how you've managed your debts in the past.

It's not uncommon for someone with significant financial resources to pay late. Doctors used to be notorious for this. My understanding is that this behavior has changed a bit for this group, but your occupation is used as a datapoint in many models. You could receive a better rate as an engineer vs a physician with everything else being the same.

The thing that usually snags people with excellent FICO scores and debt:income ratios is no prior history of installment loans within 20% of the request loan amount.

If you have previously borrowed a max of $50k and now you want $110k, the banks see that as increased risk. The irony of course is that for many of these people they had smaller loan amounts because they had more cash to put down. It's not just about having the cash to pay the loan; it's about how you've managed your debts in the past.

It's not uncommon for someone with significant financial resources to pay late. Doctors used to be notorious for this. My understanding is that this behavior has changed a bit for this group, but your occupation is used as a datapoint in many models. You could receive a better rate as an engineer vs a physician with everything else being the same.
I guess I shouldn't have listed my profession as "stuntman."

Same here. Credit score above 800 with long credit history, high income, low debt, my wife is on the app, we have never missed a payment on anything. Still no love from Chase. I am going with Digital Credit Union.

I have similar setup and I have mortage with Chase with a 5+ years mortage on time payments. I wished there was more transparency with Tesla financials. I think if most of their loan companies would realize that they are excluding a lot of potential customers with whatever formula they are applying.

I had 0.74 on one of my loans. Sadly I sold that S :(

IMG_1378.JPG

• Funny
Reactions: skitch23 and Cowby
Should be taking delivery of my new X sometime this week and the finance guy said as long as I take delivery before end of September I will automatically get the rate of 0.99%. Was worried because I was initially approved for 1.49%.