Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alliant Credit Union 1.49% for 72 months

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Spoke with Alliant today and also got an email fromTesla finance. Yes, Alliant does not include the buy back guarantee so if you want the buy back on an X for 36-39 months then you must go with another finance sure--Tesla which was 2.75 percent a week or two ago. I do not trust technology (meaning who knows?) so I want the guarantee even though I am told by Tesla that their values are holding up. I do not see that in asking prices for 2014 P85 like I have now because of the lack of auto pilot etc. So I think it best to pay the 1 percent added for the guarantee. My opinion of course....

There's a big difference between a car without AP and a newer model with AP than there will be for a car with AP 1.0 and a car with AP 2.0. Besides, we will not see more autonomous driving vehicles for 5+ years. There's still a LOT of work before your car can navigate for you. I expect the AP 2.0 improvements to be evolutionary and not revolutionary.
The difference between 1.49% and 2.75% would be $2,250 over the first 3 years basing both on a 6 year note. that's 2% of the MSRP of the car. Not worth it for some possibly unnecessary buy back protection. In my opinion :)

Spoke with Alliant today and also got an email fromTesla finance. Yes, Alliant does not include the buy back guarantee so if you want the buy back on an X for 36-39 months then you must go with another finance sure--Tesla which was 2.75 percent a week or two ago. I do not trust technology (meaning who knows?) so I want the guarantee even though I am told by Tesla that their values are holding up. I do not see that in asking prices for 2014 P85 like I have now because of the lack of auto pilot etc. So I think it best to pay the 1 percent added for the guarantee. My opinion of course....

@johnc11050: Thanks for confirming this. Was there an option to choose which bank to go with after the credit application is done?

There's a big difference between a car without AP and a newer model with AP than there will be for a car with AP 1.0 and a car with AP 2.0. Besides, we will not see more autonomous driving vehicles for 5+ years. There's still a LOT of work before your car can navigate for you. I expect the AP 2.0 improvements to be evolutionary and not revolutionary.
The difference between 1.49% and 2.75% would be $2,250 over the first 3 years basing both on a 6 year note. that's 2% of the MSRP of the car. Not worth it for some possibly unnecessary buy back protection. In my opinion :)

If I could only name you captain numbers, finance helper extraordinaire.

Not to sidetrack this thread too much, but what are you seeing for 2014 P85 asking prices that leads you to believe the values are so weak for non-auto-pilot cars? I sold my non-AP 2013 S85 about 6 months ago for 64% of original sticker price (this was month 35 for the car while the RVG trade-ins are months 36-39, so I think it's comparable). The RVG did not yet exist when I bought my car, but if it had, the guaranteed buyback price would have been 47.5% of sticker price (that's 50% of the base price plus 43% of all options.) That's about $15,000 lower than what I actually sold it for, so my experience is resale values are holding up substantially better than the RVG and also substantially better than other similar situated cars like full-size sedan Merc/BMW/Audi/Porsche.

I would be very surprised if used prices have moved that much lower in the last 6 months such they were at or below the RVG prices. More likely IMO that many folks are just not appreciating just how much depreciation all higher-end cars see in the first three years. The resale guarantee is a good program for folks very nervous about whether Tesla's in business in 3 years. But it's really just that, catastrophe insurance (and expensive insurance at that, given the otherwise much lower loan rates available). It's not gonna save you from the depreciation that all high-end sedans see.

I agree with this reasoning. That, and the additional likelihood that resale values will effectively bump with the expiration of the $7500 tax credit more than favor going with the very attractive 1.49% rate. I financed my last car at 1.79% from a local CU, so am very impressed by this rate. One additional point--my understanding is that this rate is only good for deliveries prior to July 31. I'm hoping my MX (90D) arrives before then.

Not to sidetrack this thread too much, but what are you seeing for 2014 P85 asking prices that leads you to believe the values are so weak for non-auto-pilot cars? I sold my non-AP 2013 S85 about 6 months ago for 64% of original sticker price (this was month 35 for the car while the RVG trade-ins are months 36-39, so I think it's comparable). The RVG did not yet exist when I bought my car, but if it had, the guaranteed buyback price would have been 47.5% of sticker price (that's 50% of the base price plus 43% of all options.) That's about $15,000 lower than what I actually sold it for, so my experience is resale values are holding up substantially better than the RVG and also substantially better than other similar situated cars like full-size sedan Merc/BMW/Audi/Porsche.

I would be very surprised if used prices have moved that much lower in the last 6 months such they were at or below the RVG prices. More likely IMO that many folks are just not appreciating just how much depreciation all higher-end cars see in the first three years. The resale guarantee is a good program for folks very nervous about whether Tesla's in business in 3 years. But it's really just that, catastrophe insurance (and expensive insurance at that, given the otherwise much lower loan rates available). It's not gonna save you from the depreciation that all high-end sedans see.

I concur 100%. Manufacturers always have to assess things from a conservative approach. Let's just how those Fwd's don't turn out to be a catastrophe and the sunshade dilemma accelerates depreciation.

I believe tesla value will consistently maintain slightly higher than buyback price barring a major shakeup.

[QUOTE="ksquared, post: 1536481, member: 48080the One additional point--my understanding is that this rate is only good for deliveries prior to July 31. I'm hoping my MX (90D) arrives before then.[/QUOTE]

Can anyone confirm? There are other good options available but this is pretty nice.

DS also confirmed with me that the Alliant rate is not eligible for buyback. They apparently are promoting Alliant, but Alliant isn't one of their official partners. Now I need to decide between financing 100% with Alliant at 1.49% for 6 years, or financing $70,000 with EFCU at 1.18% for 5 years.

I agree with this reasoning. That, and the additional likelihood that resale values will effectively bump with the expiration of the $7500 tax credit more than favor going with the very attractive 1.49% rate. I financed my last car at 1.79% from a local CU, so am very impressed by this rate. One additional point--my understanding is that this rate is only good for deliveries prior to July 31. I'm hoping my MX (90D) arrives before then.
My Volvo XC60 which will be replaced by the MX is at 5 year 1.39%. That's the best 3rd party rate I've ever received. Of course dealerships will do 0% financing at times like Toyota but you know that you're paying for it somewhere. Nothing is truly free.

DS also confirmed with me that the Alliant rate is not eligible for buyback. They apparently are promoting Alliant, but Alliant isn't one of their official partners. Now I need to decide between financing 100% with Alliant at 1.49% for 6 years, or financing $70,000 with EFCU at 1.18% for 5 years.
My DS highly discouraged using EFCU because of the service. Just some food for thought...

Reactions: chloedog
Our best rates for NEW Tesla’s are…

72 months 1.49%

78 months 1.74%

84 months 2.99%

These are not promo rates so they will be around for a while.

Anyone in Oregon, Point West CU is doing 1.99% for 84 with 730+ credit score.
Point West Credit Union | Online Banking, Loans & Financing | Portland, OR

I am assuming these rates also applies to inventory vehicles? This might be the route I take to captialize on the low interest rates, tax credit, and relatively new vehicle.