TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Alliant Credit Union as a Financing Option

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by supratachophobia, Feb 16, 2016.

1. supratachophobia

supratachophobia Active Member

It's like $5 and they donate a puppy in your name to a children's blind school. But seriously, I think I signed up in 2014 and I had to deposit $10 and then they gave me a $10 credit towards some charity. Actually, they might have even did the donation and the deposit. Membership was very simple.

• Like x 1
  2. Atlantan

Atlantan Inactive Member

Thanks for posting Jason's contact information, I sent him an email to clarify, if I decide to get a new one be nice to have another financing option.

Cheers

3. Atlantan

Atlantan Inactive Member

WOW...received a response from Jason in 2 minutes...

"
    If you purchase a Tesla it will qualify you for membership. Just contact me directly when you are ready to apply. We are at 1.49% for up to 72 months. My direct number is 773-462-2164.

Thanks,

Jason
    "

4. AZ Desert Driver

AZ Desert Driver Rare combination

My Alliant rep said Alliant will deposit $5.00 into an account, and as long s the account had $5.00 in it, I had an account and a loan waiting to be funded. I tried to contact Alliant through their website and hit a wall at the front door. Did not live in the communities, did not retire frorm listed companies, did not qualify.....Then some fellow gave me a name/email/phone number of an Alliant rep [one of these Tesla Forum threads] - contact was made and a deal was struck with no further hassles. If I ran Alliant, and had all those good agents giving out such good service, but had an unfriendly front door...I'd probably repair that door soon. Missing out on a stream of Tesla buyers is not a way to make your customer acquisition costs optimum.

• Like x 1
  5. zambono

zambono Active Member

I didn't want to put the rate since people will get different rates but I also received 1.49%.

• Like x 1
  6. DuplexDianne

DuplexDianne Member

Nobody is mentioning Lightstream by Suntrust? They beat Alliant's rate by .1 so you can get 1.39% if you have excellent credit and high net worth. Search keywords. I have not made a decision yet either way.

7. jf2go

jf2go Member

I also financed through Alliant. The process was quick and effortless. I did not have a prior CU account with them. The rates were much better than Tesla partners, so my only decision ended up being a willingness to sacrifice the RVG.

8. harrisonjs

harrisonjs Member

Does financing through Allilant qualify for the 36-39 month buyback guarantee? They seem to be a Tesla preferred provider.

9. supratachophobia

supratachophobia Active Member

Last I heard, it does not. Are you referring to the RSVG?

10. jf2go

jf2go Member

I was told that financing through Alliant did not qualify for the RVG.

11. zambono

zambono Active Member

If you want to get rid of your car in 3 years lease

• Like x 3
  12. JC86

JC86 Member

We went with Alliant when we placed our MS 90D MC Red order at the Fremont Factory a few weeks ago. The Owner Advisor that helped us said their rates are generally 1/2-1% lower than Tesla's. He said you don't get the buyback guarantee if you don't finance thru Tesla but MS private sale prices generally beat the buyback guaranteed numbers anyways so its a moot point.

Picking up this Saturday and everything was handled smoothly between Alliant and our DS.

13. jelloslug

jelloslug Active Member

On Tesla's loan calculator page they specifically call out Alliant Credit Union and they use their interest rates for their calculator. Tesla Lending

14. andrewket

andrewket Well-Known Member

Huh? You do realize there is no relationship between Tesla and Alliant, right? They're just both very familiar with each other based on the number of loans Alliant has given to people who are buying Teslas. Becoming a member is super easy, just complete the form.

• Like x 1
  15. chillaban

chillaban Active Member

There's the difference between knowing for sure you want to do that vs wanting the option to do so. Tesla's leases raise the residual by your $7500 EV credit instead of offering it to you as a cap cost reduction (which a lot of other EV's do), so you get penalized for buying out your lease due to the tax credit being lost.

There still is value in the RVG setup.

16. CapeOne

CapeOne Member

That and the monthly payment is slightly higher when the $7,500 is added to the LEV instead of being used as a cap cost reduction. It's like a lose-lose for the lessee.

17. Stasla

Stasla Member

What are the other Tesla partners, Tesla website only has Alliant on the lending section and after selecting Tesla Lending the credit application link from MyTesla takes me directly to the Alliant application page. o_O

18. chillaban

chillaban Active Member

When I applied a month ago, the official partners were Chase and TD bank. Very similar interest rates of 2.45 and 2.56% with a LTV of 90% (eg 10% minimum down). You get the resale value guarantee with them

19. jf2go

jf2go Member

Same here. When I first placed my order in late April, I received quotes from Chase and TD Bank from the Tesla Finance rep.

20. kritlop

kritlop Member

Just confirmed my 60D order today. Directly from the My Tesla page on the website it shows:
    ----------------
    Cash or Finance

Please allow one month when applying for financing.
    You have confirmed Tesla Lending as your financing option. To submit your credit application, please click on the link below.
    ----------------

Clicking on the link provided took me right to the Alliant website. I filled out a few details and Justin Kelly called me back shortly saying I was approved for 1.49% @ 72 months. Very easy process, I would recommend