Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alliant Credit Union

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is important to clear up the whole proof of Alliant listed as an insured thing. I thought we had this covered, ignored a couple letters because I thought it was covered, all of a sudden get a letter that says they've purchased an insurance policy for me because they didn't have proof the car was insured. It had a fancy name and a fancier price - $11k/year! That got my attention. Had USAA e-mail, fax, and call them to clkear up and Alliant refunded the first installment (which was tacked on to my monthly bank draw). Caveat Emptor.

Just got off the phone with Alliant. Their interest rates are going up by quarter percentage point from 26th of Feb. So if you are planning to finance your car from them and are expecting delivery within next 29 days, you may want to lock in the rate right now.

It is important to clear up the whole proof of Alliant listed as an insured thing. I thought we had this covered, ignored a couple letters because I thought it was covered, all of a sudden get a letter that says they've purchased an insurance policy for me because they didn't have proof the car was insured. It had a fancy name and a fancier price - $11k/year! That got my attention. Had USAA e-mail, fax, and call them to clkear up and Alliant refunded the first installment (which was tacked on to my monthly bank draw). Caveat Emptor.

That's standard practice. Your fault for ignoring the letters. I acted on the first letter I got on the day that I got it. Cleared it right up. I also had to priority mail them the title because Tesla got it wrong and incorrectly mailed it to me. The lienholder holds the titles in NJ...

That's standard practice. Your fault for ignoring the letters. I acted on the first letter I got on the day that I got it. Cleared it right up. I also had to priority mail them the title because Tesla got it wrong and incorrectly mailed it to me. The lienholder holds the titles in NJ...
I got a kick out of that too. "No, I'll just ignore these letters saying they're going to take out an expensive policy for my car and charge me for it. I'm sure it's fine." ... later ... "WHAT?" :biggrin:

I switched insurance companies and got a notice from them. Pretty easy to rectify online if you follow the instructions in the letter. They essentially ask for your policy number and confirm independently, you don't have to provide anything other than the policy number (and some numbers from the letter).

You guys may want to double check that the lock is as of the application date. I had one credit union raise their rates on me between approval and funding and they used the rate as of the funding date. I complained and got nowhere. I ended up taking my business elsewhere.

I used Alliant for financing and had an incredible experience. I had a short turnaround time and Stacy Ahlgren was incredibly helpful. Their online form was easy, and the rates were the best I could find (1.74% for up to 72 months). I don't know if they have offices elsewhere, but I was fortunate to be assigned to Stacy in Chicago. She actually left work early to meet me at the Villa Park, Il location with my check in hand so I could take delivery. (She also admitted she wanted to actually see the car).

Here is her contact info:

Stacy Ahlgren
Relationship Advisor
Alliant Credit Union

773.462.3601 - direct
773.462.3600 - office
773.462.3619 - fax

Another plug for Digital Credit Union (dcu.org). They currently offer 1.24% on up to 65 months, with a 0.25% deduction for energy efficient cars (EPA avg MPG >=35), for 0.99%.

I have gotten conflicting info from them as to whether the discount can be applied to electric cars, but a user on the factory forums says they financed at 0.99%, for 65 months with 10% down through DCU.

http://www.teslamotors.com/forum/fo...sla-financing-or-your-own-outside-bank?page=2

As always, no financial interest in DCU, other than being a happy customer/member for 15+ years.

Another plug for Digital Credit Union (dcu.org). They currently offer 1.24% on up to 65 months, with a 0.25% deduction for energy efficient cars (EPA avg MPG >=35), for 0.99%.

I have gotten conflicting info from them as to whether the discount can be applied to electric cars, but a user on the factory forums says they financed at 0.99%, for 65 months with 10% down through DCU.

http://www.teslamotors.com/forum/fo...sla-financing-or-your-own-outside-bank?page=2

As always, no financial interest in DCU, other than being a happy customer/member for 15+ years.

We for the .25% reduction. I was just approved at 1.49% (1.24% + .5% - .25%). The rate they quote requires you direct deposit 100% of your pay, so I declined and got a .5% increase.

Just approved for 1.24% from DCU. Hoping to get it finalized and get funds out soon as I think my MS is going into production this week. Going to be interesting about the direct deposit of pay though, as I plan on my business paying for this. Hopefully it doesn't make my rate go up.

For a couple additional datapoints, as of last week, financing though Tesla (Chase bank) I was quoted 2.39% for 72 months with 10% down. Higher than DCU, but comes with the resale value guarantee, for whatever that may be worth to you. This was lower than the rates I had seen quoted for financing through Tesla.

Lease on a $107k purchase price for 36 months with a $5k cap cost reduction (total drive off of about $5,800 after applying $2,500 deposit) is $1,371+tax for 15k miles/yr. Residual is ~$62k on the 15k mile lease.

I'm thinking I'm going to go with the lease, as I'll almost certainly be ready for something new in 36 months and the lease will result in about $4k less out of pocket at that point in time, even with the cheaper money from financing (due mostly to not having to pay sales tax on the full value of the car in CA).

Now if they'd just get to building the thing....