TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Alliant Phone Call What's it for?

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by UberN00ber, Feb 26, 2017.

1. UberN00ber

UberN00ber New Member

Hey All, I applied and was approved for a loan through Alliant. I'm nearing my delivery date and I was told by my Tesla DS that I need to have a 5-10min phone call with Alliant to get things ready.

What do I need to have on hand for this phone call? Is it primarily for getting accounts setup etc.. Will I need my account info ready to setup Autopay? Is it more of an interview (if so what for) is it just the business aspects of getting the loan setup?

English is not my first language and sometimes I have trouble understanding over the phone so I prefer to know ahead of time so I don't get confused.

2. JasJ

JasJ Member

For me with TechCU (another Tesla loan), they called to confirm delivery date, loan amount and loan APR. Then then sent documents to sign via email to a online website with a PDF file. TechCU needed the final MVPA from Tesla to get it all in motion first.

Probably something similar for Alliant.

3. RayW

RayW Member

I financed w/Alliant about 2-months ago, but no phone call to set things up. However, Alliant did setup my autopay to go to someone else's loan :mad: -- that person must have thought they won a free Tesla.

4. ThisIsTrue

ThisIsTrue Member

My loan is through US Bank, and no phone calls were needed. Everything was handled by Tesla, and I signed the appropriate paperwork on delivery. Access to the account via their web site was easy to set up so I could make electronic payments.

5. roscoe

roscoe Supporting Member

This is a late reply, but my phone call with Alliant was a formality. They wanted a verbal confirmation of the documents I had already filled out online. It was a painless experience.