Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alliant Promo ending tonight?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is the second person to indicate this in the forums in the past hour that I've seen... not sure if that's definite confirmation (or you have the same DS); however, it would be a good indicator. Likely their promo rate expires then, no expectation it will go up... it could also go down.

I'm looking for a October delivery. So how would this work?

timing doesn't work out for you. rates are only good and can only be locked in for 30 days. after the 30 days, they do another pull but it would be on whatever the rate is at the time.

but they could extend the promotional rate or it could go down (doubt it). typically, non-promo rate is around 2% on 60 month, i believe.

if you are picking up your car in october, you would just start the process 30 days before and hope for the best rate at that time.

I was told the 1.49%/72 months ends July 18th.

As long as they have a VIN# and the amount financed they can get you pre-approved during that time period and keep your application open so it doesn't pull again prior to delivery minus any significant changes that you would be responsible to report.

I have been approved today for the above rate and I need to order today or tomorrow to ensure I get my VIN# prior to that.

Very easy process.

• Informative
Reactions: GOFORIT5

As long as they have a VIN# and the amount financed they can get you pre-approved during that time period and keep your application open so it doesn't pull again prior to delivery minus any significant changes that you would be responsible to report.

I have been approved today for the above rate and I need to order today or tomorrow to ensure I get my VIN# prior to that.

Very easy process.

i talked to Alliant rep 3 times different about this and got the same message each time. per my rep, the max amount of time they can hold a rate open is 30 days. after the 30 days, they have to pull your credit again and you get a new rate. there isn't a way to hold it beyond that, even if you were to get pre-approved today.

i was also told that the promo expires on the 18th so at least part of the message was the same. if this is truly the case for you though, mind sharing the contact? i doubt the reps have different access, but worth checking. thx.

I actually called and got to talk to someone about the Tesla financing...
The lady at the "main office" said the rates will be reviewed on the 18th.
She also said, this does not mean that it will change, neither does it mean that it will stay the same.

So, as of an hour ago, the rate does not go away today or tomorrow, or the 15th.
I guess we will see.

BTW, I only called because I am about to confirm my order and with the new (late September) delivery dates wanted to make sure the rate is still valid.

She also said, this does not mean that it will change, neither does it mean that it will stay the same.

So, as of an hour ago, the rate does not go away today or tomorrow, or the 15th.
I guess we will see.

BTW, I only called because I am about to confirm my order and with the new (late September) delivery dates wanted to make sure the rate is still valid.

Thanks for doing this. I'm assuming Tesla reps are using more 'traditional' car sales techniques now :(

I guess we will see.

That's basically what I was told last week.

Weird. When I spoke to one on 6/24 over the phone, I was told that the rates aren't promo rates since Tesla entered an agreement with them to be the main lending partner in May, and that they could change, but the intent was to keep them around until the end of the year.

I guess I'll see when it comes time for me to apply.

Reactions: jelloslug

Very easy process.

Did they run a credit check? Did you have to call or this can be done online?

Did they run a credit check? Did you have to call or this can be done online?

Email and then a quick 5 minute call. Yes credit was pulled but guaranteed it will not be pulled again if I can provide the VIN before the 18th which is when the promotional rate I got ends.

With that is being said in this thread I am unsure what is true from fiction any longer though.

When I first started seriously thinking about buying a Model S I looked and it said promo rates were ending at some date. By the time I got everything arranged a new "promo" had already started. I'm sure as part of their partnership with Tesla, they want some help applying pressure to buy. I know they do a hard pull on your credit and it's only good for 30 days so beyond a few basic questions I didn't even engage them until I knew the car was in production.