Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Allow Calm Radio Subscription

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since many of the 'Tesla' stations are Calm Radio, I subscribed to Calm thinking I could sign in while in the car thus avoiding the numerous and irritating commercials. Well, not so fast -- Tesla does not allow one to sign in to Calm. The Calm Radio rep suggested that if many owners 'asked' Tesla to allow this, that might help.

So, here's my first try -- with a question to the Forum and Tesla -- since many of the stations are Calm, why not allow the user/driver to sign into their Calm Radio account?

Since many of the 'Tesla' stations are Calm Radio, I subscribed to Calm thinking I could sign in while in the car thus avoiding the numerous and irritating commercials. Well, not so fast -- Tesla does not allow one to sign in to Calm. The Calm Radio rep suggested that if many owners 'asked' Tesla to allow this, that might help.

So, here's my first try -- with a question to the Forum and Tesla -- since many of the stations are Calm, why not allow the user/driver to sign into their Calm Radio account?
Not understand your question at all.

Tesla only offers slacker, tunein and Spotify (in Europe). What claim station you refer to?

I think hes referring to a broadcast network's stations that you can access through Slacker/Tunein (had to re read it a few times). These stations have advertisements, and apparently you can subscribe to them to not hear advertisements.

Tesla has the ability to change your login credentials away from theirs, you can do it on root, so it can be done... question is, will they?

Yes, #demundus, you are correct that many of the broadcast stations offered by "tune in" are actually supplied by Calm Radio, a Canadian outfit. However, you will not know that simply by looking at the station icon until you start receiving their advertisements to subscribe. I also have subscribed to Tune In and noted that Tesla does allow you to "login" to Tune in, but unfortunately it seems that you must login every time you start a new drive. I think Tesla needs to work on some of the services if they are going to continue offering slacker/tune in, etc. PS: so if the petition to offer Spotify is successful, that would be another service that Tesla would need to allow a login.

I also have subscribed to Tune In and noted that Tesla does allow you to "login" to Tune in, but unfortunately it seems that you must login every time you start a new drive.

What? Not me. I also set up my own TuneIn account and just logged in once. Been that way from 2013 to 2018 on my Model S and for the past 6 weeks or so with my new Model X.