TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Alloy Gators Rim Protection (Pics and info)

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by NJTestla, Mar 24, 2013.

1. NJTestla

NJTestla Member

Thanks to other members of the forum, I learned about Infinity Worldwide Rim protection (infinityworldwide1.com). They mail you the protector or if in theNY area will install for $100(total $250).
    Not a great picture and will try to send others when out of the shop:

Hope this came through as fist time adding photo (sorry)

Attached Files:

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      File size:
      599.9 KB
      Views:
  2. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Are they alloy gator resellers?

3. markb1

markb1 Active Member

4. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

What a horrid site... But yeah, resellers. I would recommend anyone wanting these to get them from AlloyGator directly. Mine got here in about 2 weeks and I paid 59.91 shipped ($90.95 USD). The service center installed them for free, and while YMMV on that, I would hope it would be less than $160.

5. SigGuy

SigGuy Member

Has anyone put these on silver 21's yet? I sure need those but worried it will look as bad as road rash contrasting with the silver.

6. andrewket

andrewket 2014 S P85DL, 2016 X P90DL (soon 100)

I will be. Waiting on the car. Gates have been here for weeks. I too ordered from the uk direct. Much cheaper.

7. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

I would get the black over the white personally. It could just look like more tire sidewall than something on the wheel.

8. teslasguy

teslasguy MSP P#1117

I also ordered mine directly from AlloyGator AlloyGator® Smart Wheel Protection Will be putting my 21s back on for the summer in a few weeks.

9. justaddsun

justaddsun Member

Looks like they sell them in the silver color also?

10. Montana

Montana Member

I ordered my AlloyGators from Infinityworldwide a couple of months ago and put them on last weekend. I think it looks like they will protect well if you need it and my son thinks it makes the rims "pop". Here are some photos of the Black gators on Silver 21's.

Attached Files:

11. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Looks good on the 21s. Only "negative" effect is that it makes the wheels look smaller. Overall though, worth it for the protection.

I'm going to update the thread title to make it more descriptive.

12. Benjam

Benjam Member

I agree - definitely makes the rims look smaller. I'd be interested in how the silver ones look, if someone were to order those.

13. aaronw

aaronw Member

I had mine installed soon after I got my car on my 21" rims. They already saved one of my rims from damage. BTW, I just got a notice about tire and rim insurance from Tesla. I ordered mine directly from alloygator.com and the Fremont service center installed them for $100. The tech said I could have easily done it myself.

14. NJTestla

NJTestla Member

#14 NJTestla, Mar 26, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2013
    If you are in the NYC area, Infinity Worldwide (mike) will instal for $100 ($250 total) and came to my garage.

15. andyrebele

andyrebele Member

I asked Gator Alloy (UK) about a discount for TMC members and got the following (useful) reply:

We would be happy to issue a discount code for your club members to use. Please enter the code: TESLA10 to receive a 10% discount from your purchase.

16. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Awesome! I'm not even sad to have missed out on that, I would've paid 10% MORE for these things

17. strider

strider Active Member

Thanks for the discount Andy! Just ordered a set of black for our silver 21's.

18. Schnetzer

Schnetzer Member

Anyone with the 21" silver wheels ordered and installed the silver Gators? Seen plenty of black on both the silver and grey wheels but nothing with the silver option. Curious how close the colors match and if it helps eliminate the "smaller wheel" look that is created with the black ones.

If you have them - would you post some photos and help a brother out?

19. rroonnbb

rroonnbb New Member

Anybody had these installed in Los Angeles area (either by independent shop or by the Santa Monica service center)? Cost for that?

20. aaronw

aaronw Member

It looks like one of my Alloy Gators may have broken. Part of it is separating from the wheel/tire and it looks like the nylon may have broken. I was unable to get it to go back. My other wheels are fine, including one where the AG saved my rim from a curb. I contacted AG and will see how they respond.

-Aaron