Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alloy Gators Rim Protection (Pics and info)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While I certainly appreciate experiences all around, and don't doubt that you indeed experienced air loss jammerJDC... I've had my gators on my 19" rims for about 6 weeks and 4000 miles, and I've had no issues with pressure loss. I installed them myself and although I was careful, it was pretty straightforward to set them in the rim without disturbing the bead seal.

Mine have been on for about 6000 miles. No leak issues. One scrape, no rim damage. So glad they were there. The repair would have cost more than whole set of gators.

The supplied tool cleaned up the scrape damage nicely as well...

Last week I scraped a curb with the front and left right wheels so hard that it tore off a part of the Gator on the left rear wheel. I'll have to replace that Gator but there's a lot less damage to the wheel than would have been the case without the Gators. And the new Gator will completely cover the scrapes to the wheel rim.

Last week I scraped a curb with the front and left right wheels so hard that it tore off a part of the Gator on the left rear wheel. I'll have to replace that Gator but there's a lot less damage to the wheel than would have been the case without the Gators. And the new Gator will completely cover the scrapes to the wheel rim.

I cringed reading that. :(

Sorry to hear... but glad the damage will have been minimized.

I dropped my car off for service today and the guy doing the intake inspection said that something like 90% of the cars that come in have some curb rash, both 19" and 21". Somewhat astonishingly, mine didn't (I know I've bumped a couple of curbs, so I must have just gotten lucky).

Here are some photos of the damage to the Gators and the right rear rim. It's painful to look at but without the Gators the damage to the rims would have been far worse

_DSC3847.JPG

_DSC3848.JPG

_DSC3850.JPG

I was really glad I had my Alloygators on when I brushed up (ok, pretty hard) against a parking lot curb Monday evening. Here's what the Gator looked like afterward:

alloygator.png

The wheel? Perfect...zero damage. And the spare AG that came in my set went back on that wheel the next day. I'm actually getting pretty good at installing these...only took me about 20 minutes start to finish.

Worth their weight in gold (or at least silver), these things.

Does anyone have these? To protect their rims. Service rep says this is the name, i have seen them, or equal on 21"wheels this summer. These AlloyGators hail from UK and Aus. This seems unlikely. Anyone with a source? Www.alloygator.com

Yes, we have the AlloyGators on our 21" wheels. They were shipped from UK and received fairly quickly. There was also a New York distributor but for a higher cost.

Does anyone have these? To protect their rims. Service rep says this is the name, i have seen them, or equal on 21"wheels this summer. These AlloyGators hail from UK and Aus. This seems unlikely. Anyone with a source? Www.alloygator.com

I have them as well and installed them myself. Ordered them directly from the UK. Really a great idea and they look good. They did throw the wheel balance slightly out and I had the SC rebalance them when I was in last.