Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alloy Refurb and jacking car up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This might appear a bit of a dumb question, but as long as you have jacking pads it is ok to just jack up one corner of the car or would it be better to lift two wheels off the ground at the same time to reduce stress in chassis/battery pack.

Trying to get wheels refurbed from curb rash and just wondering how mobile guy will handle it. Thanks

This might appear a bit of a dumb question, but as long as you have jacking pads it is ok to just jack up one corner of the car or would it be better to lift two wheels off the ground at the same time to reduce stress in chassis/battery pack.

Trying to get wheels refurbed from curb rash and just wondering how mobile guy will handle it. Thanks

One wheel is fine.

Reactions: Kenners

I had mine refurbed and the guy didn’t even need to jack it up. Width of the tyre gave him enough room to work I guess.

Reactions: Kenners
Trying to sell my Model 3 at the moment and have given in and going to get them refurbished, would prefer to give the money to new owner and say give it six months and then get them done, but the shine of perfect rims seems to be far more appealing than buyer pragmatism!

You certainly need to protect the area around the narrow jacking points and the jacking point itself but you can jack that point directly with a suitable jack if you are very careful but a jacking puck or other support does make that very much easier for a wider range of jacks especially if angles change whilst jacking.