Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alloy repair cost

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had a phone call from the wife today to say the inevitable has happened and one of the alloys has been kerbed. To be fair we managed 3 months which is longer than I expected. Anyway we have a quote of £45+vat for a repair, does that sound about right?

2021-09-21.jpg

That is cheap tbh. My Mrs gave me the same call last week (The car was literally 7 days old). Our damage is less significant but we are £85 for effectively a down to bare metal and re-do approach.

Ouch 7 days! I was concerned it was on the cheap side. Not sure if I'm getting a bargain or a potential headache :) the company reviews are 5 stat and the work on the Facebook page looks good

So I've got a bit more detail. It sounds like they do comprehensive job, the wheel is stripped right back, make the repair and then repaint. All sounds good however it means they need the wheel for 2-3 days which is a little inconvenient when there is no spare and I work away from home 4 days a week :(

I might need to find a spare.....

So I've got a bit more detail. It sounds like they do comprehensive job, the wheel is stripped right back, make the repair and then repaint. All sounds good however it means they need the wheel for 2-3 days which is a little inconvenient when there is no spare and I work away from home 4 days a week :(

I might need to find a spare.....
There’s probably someone who offers a mobile service in your area - it’ll cost a little bit more but for convenience might be worth it? It took the guy that came and did mine around 2 hours to remove and do the two wheels on mine. (They grinded it back smooth and repainted)

There’s probably someone who offers a mobile service in your area - it’ll cost a little bit more but for convenience might be worth it? It took the guy that came and did mine around 2 hours to remove and do the two wheels on mine. (They grinded it back smooth and repainted)
It's tempting for the convenience but it worries me how much they would have to grind back.

Are there any national 'visit the house mobile repairs' that people recommend or is it just using local repairers?
I've not used them but Revive came up on my searches yesterday as a national mobile repairer

Are there any national 'visit the house mobile repairs' that people recommend or is it just using local repairers?
They're not national, (I don't know where you live) but if you're in the central belt of Scotland or up towards Aberdeen I can highly recommend M-Tech Alloy Repairs.

Someone else on here previously recommended them when I had the issues and he's done quite a few tesla's from speaking to him - M-Tech Alloy Repairs Scotland - Professional Mobile Alloy Wheel Repairs

My wife kerbed the passenger side front alloys this week. After less than two weeks of owning the car.

LESS THAN TWO WEEKS :mad:

I'm swallowing the repair bill now but looking into getting some alloy insurance with TidyAlloys.com shortly. No doubt it will happen again!

Reactions: Roy W.
My wife kerbed the passenger side front alloys this week. After less than two weeks of owning the car.

LESS THAN TWO WEEKS :mad:

I'm swallowing the repair bill now but looking into getting some alloy insurance with TidyAlloys.com shortly. No doubt it will happen again!
What took you/her so long?

:)

Thought I'd post an update as I have just refitted my repaired wheel. I went with the company who strip the wheel completely and I'm really pleased with the result. It took a little longer than usual as the colour they had was the old wheel colour so had to order in but they check this before stripping so I could have had it back until the correct colour arrived. Match seems spot on and the finish is superb. All for £54 I would highly recommend them. If you are near Lincoln then the company Is Wheel refurbishments | Simply Wheels Lincoln Ltd | Lincoln, England

Here's a pic, please excuse the rest of the car being filthy!

Attachments

• PXL_20211112_075002534.jpg
    PXL_20211112_075002534.jpg
    766.6 KB · Views: 182
Thought I'd post an update as I have just refitted my repaired wheel. I went with the company who strip the wheel completely and I'm really pleased with the result. It took a little longer than usual as the colour they had was the old wheel colour so had to order in but they check this before stripping so I could have had it back until the correct colour arrived. Match seems spot on and the finish is superb. All for £54 I would highly recommend them. If you are near Lincoln then the company Is Wheel refurbishments | Simply Wheels Lincoln Ltd | Lincoln, England

Here's a pic, please excuse the rest of the car being filthy!
Wow- great job. Out of interest did they add the colour code on any of the paperwork? Got a guy lined up to repair ours but the code Tesla gave me doesn’t match up with his paint database.