Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alloy wheel insurance?

JimboM

Feb 25, 2020
South West
Anyone any experience?

M3P 20” wheels looking fairly vulnerable and the potholes where I live are atrocious, add in a £2,000 insurance excess, suddenly circa £150 for 3 years alloy protection looks quite tempting...

Just wondering if the policies are a nightmare to claim on... ?

Bobly

Sep 29, 2019
UK
Check the policies, a lot have a max payout of £150-£200 per claim, that would easily cover a refurb or a repair maybe, but not a replacement if a wheel is badly damaged. Not sure how I’d feel about driving around on repaired wheels.

Maz0

Nov 30, 2019
Central Scotland
Check the policies, a lot have a max payout of £150-£200 per claim, that would easily cover a refurb or a repair maybe, but not a replacement if a wheel is badly damaged. Not sure how I’d feel about driving around on repaired wheels.
I done it for years with my BMW, chocolate alloys. At one point I had a wheel welded in 3 different places, guy refused to fix it again. Must have had 2-3 repaired wheels on the car at any time. Couldn’t afford £500 every time the car just looked at a pothole. The repairs were £70 a time. If its done right then theres nothing to worry about! I would want a replacement however if I had paid for insurance.

Radders

Oct 8, 2019
Essex
I have taken it out, and need to claim on for a regular, minor kerb damage, only £110 (18" , I think slightly more for 20s)

MAx £100 per claim up to £1000 for 3 years so 2 refurbs in 3 years paid for itself, obviously for £110 I would be expecting replacement.

Once I've claimed In next week I'll update.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC