Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can anyone recommend a place in London to get one of my allow wheels refurbished? Scraped a curb avoiding someone coming into my lane left a 6 inch rash round the rim.
Have you contacted Tesla themselves? I live in London and scraped the rear wheel after one day. I took photos and they charged 93.60 including picking up my car and providing a loan car for a day. Awesome service.

Have you contacted Tesla themselves? I live in London and scraped the rear wheel after one day. I took photos and they charged 93.60 including picking up my car and providing a loan car for a day. Awesome service.

Not yet I didn't think they would do somethig like that. I have some other work needng done since picking up the car Ill see if they can do this at the same time. Any chance you still have a picture to compare to mine for that price?

Not yet I didn't think they would do somethig like that. I have some other work needng done since picking up the car Ill see if they can do this at the same time. Any chance you still have a picture to compare to mine for that price?

Attachments

• IMG_0378.JPG
    IMG_0378.JPG
    368.7 KB · Views: 626
  • IMG_0379.JPG
    IMG_0379.JPG
    376.7 KB · Views: 502
anything i should be aware of regarding taking off the wheels you think?

Know where the jacking points are - it's fairly obvious when you look (and shown in the manual), but putting a jack onto the battery by mistake could be disasterous.

Correct torque for putting the wheel nuts back on afterwards is quite high - 175Nm (129 lb-ft). You are expected to use a torque wrench.

Reactions: WannabeOwner
I don't know anything about them, but would Alloy Gators be a good idea? I've been thinking about getting them, but don't know if there are any downsides?
I had them fitted by the detailer I used to put paint protection on my car. 2 days later, I scraped a wheel slightly on a very tight exit 'chicane' in a car park, and the AlloyGator took the damage, so I'm happy with them.

I didn't find any downsides when I researched them, unlike the ones that stick on the outside of the rim, which sometimes come off when driving, or cause surface damage when you remove them. Fitting Alloygators is more difficult, though, as you need to completely depressurise the tyres to fit them.

The 1 and 2 star reviews for this one put me off, for example: Rimblades Alloy Wheel Edge Ring Rim Protectors Tyres Tire Guard Rubber Moulding (Red Rimblades): Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike

This post over on the (owner-only) UK section of the Tesla forum claims his alloygators broke loose in what looks like a really severe kerb strike, then flailed around causing considerable paint damage to adjacent panels.

https://forums.tesla.com/forum/forums/alloygator-destroyed-my-door

Not clear if this was a kerb impact at speed, or if he just drove off after a low speed incident without bothering to inspect the damage.

You might of course say "I wouldn't do that", but it's at least a potential down-side.

Had mine about 3 days and twice scraped the alloys: once on tight Richmond ncp car park exit, other time trying to cut a corner to allow a poorly positioned driver to pass! Won't do that again! Just not used to the wide body. If only I had top down virtual view. :( glad I found this post. Will get the gator rims and mobile fix. Thanks.

Shame Andrews doesn't serve west London. Can anyone recommend a mobile alloy repair that will service west London/Surrey area?
Hey. I know it's been a while but did you get your repair in the end? I have what can only be described as "superkerbed " my alloys today in Richmond. Now structural or tyre damage but a LOT of missing paint and scratches. If there is a west London mobile alloy repair who is Tesla friendly I'd love to know

Hey. I know it's been a while but did you get your repair in the end? I have what can only be described as "superkerbed " my alloys today in Richmond. Now structural or tyre damage but a LOT of missing paint and scratches. If there is a west London mobile alloy repair who is Tesla friendly I'd love to know
Hey did you find anywhere in your area?

Hey did you find anywhere in your area?
Hey, yes I did. I used these guys Mobile Alloy Wheel Repairs & Refurbishment | 5 Star Rated | We come to you.

They were very good in every aspect: Comminuction beforehand (asking for pics/qouting/planning repair) the guy who did the work was top drawer and the repair was completely invisible.

The only thing they didn't tell me was to not lend the car to the OH, who decided to curb one of the other alloys only a month later

Hey, yes I did. I used these guys Mobile Alloy Wheel Repairs & Refurbishment | 5 Star Rated | We come to you.

They were very good in every aspect: Comminuction beforehand (asking for pics/qouting/planning repair) the guy who did the work was top drawer and the repair was completely invisible.

The only thing they didn't tell me was to not lend the car to the OH, who decided to curb one of the other alloys only a month later
Do they need to remove the wheels to carry out the repair?