TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Alloy Wheel Repair

Discussion in 'New England' started by Bimbels, Oct 23, 2016.

1. Bimbels

Bimbels GoldMember

Has anyone in the NE area used them? Or have other recommendations? One of our wheels has curb rash, and when I was in Dedham last week I asked if they had any recommendations for fixing it. The service rep said that was a national company with a good reputation. Just wondering if anyone has used them and how the result was.

2. bigmaple1

bigmaple1 Member

I have used Rimpro in Tyngsboro, MA and have been very happy. They are located in a bit of an industrial area, and I think they do a lot of business for body shops, detailing shops, dealerships, etc -- but they do sorta have a retail business too. I would recommend them. (I had all 4 21" Tesla turbines fixed last spring. I suspect it will be an annual visit, given the abuse those rims get from the roads around here.)

3. JohnQ

JohnQ Active Member

I used the Alloy Wheel Repair in Danbury, CT 2 years ago to repair a bent rim and they did a fine job at a very reasonable price. Can't speak for any of their other locations.

4. hj-45

hj-45 Member

x2 on RimPro. I purchased some wheels on clearance from Bavarian Auto and one of them was not quite perfect. I was in and out of Rimpro in 30 minutes and no complaints. $164 to true a 19" rim, remount and balance.

Rim Pro Inc. - Expert Alloy Wheel Repair & Refinishing

5. dhrivnak

dhrivnak Active Member

I use Alloy Wheel repair here in NE TN and they do a good job with road rash.

6. Bimbels

Bimbels GoldMember

Thanks for the replies, guys. I'll give them a call on Monday and see what they say. I'm sure I'm not the first Tesla in the area they've dealt with.