TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Alloygator for 21 inch rim

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by sam46217, Sep 23, 2013.

Tags:
  1. sam46217

sam46217 Member

I am thinking about ordering gator for my 21 inch rims, has anyone installed them? can you share a picture? I am thinking of black color.

2. Odenator

Odenator P2607

They are totally awesome. I had mine installed (all 4 wheels) by SameDay for just over $200. Check and make sure the 10% discount code is still valid.

IMG_0381.jpg

IMG_0380.jpg

IMG_0382.jpg

3. 100thMonkey

100thMonkey Member

I've got about 13K miles on mine, they have definitely done their job! they are quite durable, a great way to make your wheels virtually "wife proof" ;~)

4. Atlantian

Atlantian Member

Did you get them from the UK or did you find them locally? Did you have them installed at a local tire shop?

5. Odenator

Odenator P2607

I ordered directly from the UK: Alloy Wheel Repairs, Protection, Refurbishment, Cleaning & Polishing

A set of 5 costs 69.90 GBP or $112.04 to buy purchase and ship to the US.

Sameday is a scratch/dent/alloy wheel repair franchise on the west coast but since it is supposedly DIY, any place that does rim work should be able to do install it. The guy at Sameday never saw one before, but he went on-line, looked at videos and did a great job with the install.

6. ggr

ggr Roadster R80 537, SigS P85 29

Was the $200 you mention with or without the cost of the Gators themselves? Because I had mine installed by Miramar Performance Tires for $80, while I waited... so just under $200 total.

7. Odenator

Odenator P2607

That was just for the install. It is a little more expensive than other people have posted. I've seen most owners pay about $100. However, I live in a small city with just a handful of places that were willing to do this so options were limited. I'd love to live in San Diego if I could.

8. sam46217

sam46217 Member

thanks for the information, I just ordered mine today. Odenator appreciate the pictures. Helped me understand better.