Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alloygator Installer Recommendation - Melbourne

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I usually last about 1 month before something stupid happens with a new car, and that's usually Curb Rash ... so I'm keen on getting some Alloygators installed on my 21" Grey Turbines.

Can anyone recommend an installer in Melbourne that could help (I've watched the videos and I'm pretty certain I would either damage the rim or myself if I attempted a self-install).

Thanks.

Did it myself on two cars. Also since replaced two of them. The Australian rep is now in West Australia. His contact details are on the Alloygator web site. He seems reliable and should be able to both sell you the product and recommend an installer. He sent me some spare parts I needed. My original order came from the UK, but they don't do that any more.
Incidentally, the hardest part is preparing the gators. You have to glue in a series of clips all the way round. A pain in the butt and you land up with glue on your fingers that takes days to get off.

Thanks AY ... I'll take a look at them - I did some research and it seems the alloygators are more "substantial" but I shall investigate further

- - - Updated - - -

Cheers Dborn ... I know if I did it I'd either end up breaking something, breaking myself or gluing myself to the car ... basically something stupid - I am reliably informed I have many skills (although nobody ever gives details) HOWEVER not in this type of area :)

Can't make a recommendation in AU. But I can say, that once I figured out how to do it, it is actually very easy to do. It takes about 30-45 min per tire. PM me if you want my hints. I'd be happy to share my experience, as I screwed it up totally the first time! But then I learned. Now they are great.

And, yes, I do think the AGs are much more substantial than the Wheel Bands, which I actually think look better. But I doubt their resilience. My Gators have saved my rims from some very hard crashes against curbs, with no marks at all. Both my fault and idiots forcing me off the road onto a curb. Of course the Gator was trashed. But at somewhere around $17USD a piece, I'll take that every time.
Alloygators 2.jpg

Last edited: