TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

AlloyGators in Silver on 19in Sport Wheels

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by Asad1087, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Asad1087

Asad1087 Member

After some light rim rash on the front passenger rim I decided to get some protection. Not an exact match but really close. Completely covered the original damage too.
    Process involves jacking up or lifting the car and slightly deflating the tires. AlloyGators are hammered in with a rubber mallet. You could do it yourself with the proper tools(I did not).
    I liked these much better than the RimBlades that stick on via an adhesive. I didn't like the idea of stone adhesive I would have to clean off at a later date or weak adhesive that would come off during normal use.

Installed for just under $300 for AlloyGators, instillation and NY sales taxes.
    Let me know if you have any questions.

2. dek526

dek526 Member

get an error stating i don’t have permission to view pics

3. Asad1087

Asad1087 Member

4. rdlink

rdlink Member

Thanks for the pics. Not loving the looks. I’ll risk it. I figure the only time I’m at a decent risk of curb rash is parallel parking, and I’m going to let the EAP do that for me. Besides, I just had some pretty bad curb rash removed from a wheel on my BMW for $125 the other day. Looks like new.

5. xy46

xy46 Member

I've got these on my P85D, but went with the black ones. I think they blend better, and they have performed flawlessly for me. Almost four years now, and still look great and no curb rash at all despite rubbing against the curb more times than I can count.

• Like x 1
  6. boiler81

boiler81 Member

Probably not a bad investment. Curb rash seems inevitable, so a little protection is money well spent.

• Like x 1