Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Almost a very bad day

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was out for a drive with my wife an hour ago and came VERY close to getting T-Boned at 100 MPH. I wanted to hammer it to get his tag but there was no safe way to do it with side streets and two way traffic plus traffic entering the road. As I followed @ 45 mph, I watched this fool pass many vehicles at speed forcing others off the road and he ran two more stop signs as I lost sight of him. I was going to go straight through the intersection and was just ready to proceed. ZOOOOOM

Fortunately, I stop at 4 way stop signs. If I'd just paused, we'd be dead.

My YouTube description : Feb 12, 2022, 12:43pm at a four way stop in West Oklahoma County, OK, Eastbound @ N Council and NW 164th St. I can only see 50 yards to the North (my left) due to a hill coming up to the 4 way stop. As I'm coming to a stop, I look left and right and am just ready to enter the intersection when I catch a white blur in my peripheral vision. ZOOM. A white 4x4 extended cab pickup running emergency flashers blasts through the intersection headed South at close to 100 mph in a 45mph zone. I turned to follow and observed it passing many other vehicles at high speed and run two more section line stop signs. It then turned East onto Memorial. I'm guessing it was trying to get on the Turnpike one mile East. I lost sight of it at the east turn. It has a low profile Yellow LED light bar on top, like the ones you see on construction vehicles.

Here's my dash cam video from my Model 3.

Last edited:
That smart ass saw you slow down and he saw no reason to stop…

From his point of view, he was coming up a hill until the last 50 yards before the 4 way stop. At his speed, he did not see me until I honked at him. Looking at it frame by frame, he did not turn his head until he was in the intersection. Aproaching the intersection, I looked left, looked right and then again as I was almost stopped. I was just starting to press the pedal when I saw the white blur to my left. Two seconds different and we'd have been in the intersection.

I didn't post the next video clips of him running the other cars off the road as he headed South for the next two miles. He had his emergency flashers on as if that did any good.

Probably headed to Starbucks.

Reactions: enemji