Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Almost all firmware downloads stopped.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking at TeslaFi on 5/4/20, it seems the downloads have slowed down to a crawl. Firmware was being blasted out on 5/1 and it's slowed down dramatically. Maybe there's a big bug that's in all of the latest firmwares?

Attachments

• screenshot-www.teslafi.com-2020.05.04-07_01_20.png
    screenshot-www.teslafi.com-2020.05.04-07_01_20.png
    38.1 KB · Views: 78
Or maybe, they batch groups - so Tesla started pushing to the first group on 5/1 - but not everybody clicked install that day - some upgraded over the following two days. Then, Tesla doesn't push it to the next group until they do some sanity checks. They don't do that over the weekend.....
So you'll see another burst of upgrades in a day or two when Tesla pushes the next group.

Reactions: john5520
I just want to get off of 2020.8.2. The car has been sitting in the garage on wifi for 8 weeks with occasional trips. It should have grabbed the latest by now.
Go into the mobile app, click request service and then select "Software" and "Update". There's most likely a glitch holding you back, since currently only 0.4% of Tesla drivers have that old version (per TeslaFi)

Why would download of existing firmware be affected by the coronavirus? It's not like they need someone to push a button to send each one out individually.

Maybe they want to get some data back on the new firmware so they know this one is stable before moving on to the next, but they get very little back because everyone is staying at home...

I got 2 firmware updates in the last 7 weeks... I drove it twice about 5 miles total. Normally I drove about 4000 miles in 7 weeks.