Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Almost burst my ear drums

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm a new owner and on my first drive for 6 weeks (UK lock down) I selected the radio and the instant volume was UNBELIEVEABLY loud. It really hurt my ears. It took me a couple of seconds to find the correct steering button to reduce it.

Surely Tesla could have a safety level the music comes on at? Then you can increase it if you want to.

Just a thought.

• Funny
Reactions: Akikiki
The music will come on at the same volume level it was last left on the last time it was used. Maybe you accidentally turned the wheel and adjusted the volume? You can have the music on mute and still increase the volume level so when you take it off pause it will be louder.

I'm a new owner and on my first drive for 6 weeks (UK lock down) I selected the radio and the instant volume was UNBELIEVEABLY loud. It really hurt my ears. It took me a couple of seconds to find the correct steering button to reduce it.

Surely Tesla could have a safety level the music comes on at? Then you can increase it if you want to.

Just a thought.

I've a long list on want-to-have features.

• Funny
Reactions: SlimJim
The music will come on at the same volume level it was last left on the last time it was used. Maybe you accidentally turned the wheel and adjusted the volume? You can have the music on mute and still increase the volume level so when you take it off pause it will be louder.

Whatever the cause is, I’ve done this too. It hurts.

I would like a setting for the audio to come on no louder than 50% when selecting a source or entering the car. That’s still very loud and would mitigate this issue.

This happened again to my wife today. It's happened to me once as well. Any ideas on how to avoid the blaring music? It seems obvious that the volume is jacked for the alarm, but forgets to reset the volume back the alarm is disarmed.