Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Almost every one of these 2023 MY LRs has matrix lights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Man that's a bummer. For a while there it almost looked like almost every delivery had matrix headlights. Then suddenly that changed last week.

Yeah, it looks like there was a week to a two week tops window in November where almost all of them being built were getting Matrix again. Then it switched back briefly to reflectors, then less than 500 units later it switched back to Matrix, then about 500 or so units later it switched back again to reflectors.

Oh well, you win some you lose some.

Vin: PF609. Standard Reflector headlights. Old Cameras. No USS. No idea if I have comfort suspension. Ride seems to be comfortable enough, nothing great. Feels similar to my 12 year old VW Jetta. Bummer. Got some issues with the car too. The steering wheel is misaligned and tilted about 5 degrees to the right when going straight. Only discovered this after I drove off. Also rattling noise from right front passenger. To top it all off my second row seat on the driver side has an electric release button on top to access the third row that is not working at all.

Cruise control did not work even after camera calibration. I got an error that it is unavailable. Had to do a reboot of the car and it works now.

I guess all the quality issues were true. Scheduled a service appointment on 12/26 Hope that they can do all that same day.

I was just at a showroom/center last week. Out of 14-15 LR, only 1 had matrix. But it also had 20” induction wheels. So $2k more, and I already know I would get the acceleration boost for $2k, so if I got that one, I would already be paying the same price as a performance but with less features (no spoiler, no improved brakes, slower 0-60)

The performance is a much better deal IF u are okay with the firmer suspension, factory wheels and brake fitment issues of the performance model.
Honestly, because of my tendency for curb rash and the potholes in the area, I’d be happier with the Gemini but I was going to switch out the wheels of the Uber turbine most likely to wheels that have been well tested by other Tesla drivers, so brake fitting shouldn’t be an issue. (Right? Please correct me if I’m wrong)

I test drove the performance model once in light rain at 50-60 mph going on the on/off ramps, lightly testing the cornering (for the weather condition) and I loved the lack of “body roll”

Is the new comfort suspension on the model y also on the MYP, too?

I found the needle in the haystack with the model Y LR with matrix, but it had much more expensive wheels that I don’t want to pay for. Sigh.