Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Almost every one of these 2023 MY LRs has matrix lights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No matrix for MYLR :(

Please help me understand the major benefits of Matrix headlights. I am told that my 2023 MYLR from Fremont has the Matrix headlights.. I know it's bright at night,
Thanks

From testing info that was provided in another thread, the matrix lights are slightly better (coverage and brightness) than the standard LED headlights.

Most of the improvements of matrix are expected to come later. They are called matrix lights because it's literally a matrix of LEDs that can point the light in different directions, if ever turned on with software this would dramatically improve the auto high beam and other functions of the car, as the car could "steer" the light beams around oncoming traffic. Up till recently this wasn't legal in the US (but was widely used in Europe and Japan)... but the regs were recently changed and it's expected that automakers will start using these capabilities soon.

TLDR; Matrix is better, Model Y is supposed to be as good or better than M3, all M3 have Matrix now but MYLR sometimes get them and often times don't. They want you to buy performance version to get matrix headlights but some of us don't want a performance model just to get that feature.

No matrix for MYLR :(

Please help me understand the major benefits of Matrix headlights. I am told that my 2023 MYLR from Fremont has the Matrix headlights.. I know it's bright at night,
Thanks
With the right software, it can greatly customize how the light is cast/spread. From what I read, bmw is great at this.

For us, it spreads the light out in a wider spread and it is supposed to angle the light so it does not blind oncoming traffic.

If you have matrix on a MY LR please post proof. So many people somehow think their cars have matrix when it does not. The SA lies and lied to me about my car. Check for the bulb and don't listen to the service people.

I literally posted a video a couple of weeks ago of over a dozen LR cars with matrix headlights. It’s quite trivial to tell the difference between the matrix and standard LED lights and whether a car is an LR or a P is also trivial.

If you have matrix on a MY LR please post proof. So many people somehow think their cars have matrix when it does not. The SA lies and lied to me about my car. Check for the bulb and don't listen to the service people.
6F0E83DC-F7B7-4DEE-8F42-2B02B2EFEE67.jpeg

DF9FD332-5B82-48E0-80CA-1D7931E94AA8.jpeg

Thanks for posting. My 2023 MYLR made-in-Fremont has identical headlights, confirmed several times by Tesla using my VIN

[Only SA who can view details based on a specific vin can know for sure without visual inspection….] Yes, I am told that this is the case when I picked up my car on Nov 22 at Cherry NJ. They can look up info and share with me but they are not willing to print out a copy for me

Reactions: WhiteOnWhiteMY
Thanks for posting. My 2023 MYLR made-in-Fremont has identical headlights, confirmed several times by Tesla using my VIN

[Only SA who can view details based on a specific vin can know for sure without visual inspection….] Yes, I am told that this is the case when I picked up my car on Nov 22 at Cherry NJ. They can look up info and share with me but they are not willing to print out a copy for me

understandable that they don't share printouts of their internal tools...... My SA walked the lot with me to look for model Y with matrix (easier/faster than looking up each individual VIN)