Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Almost Got Rear-ended

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was going about 30mph when I came to a stop light so I started slowing down. The vehicle in front of me stopped quicker than I anticipated. At that point I was going about 15mph and I needed to manually apply slightly more braking than the regenerative braking applied. All the sudden my vehicle activated the ABS system and came to a screeching stop. This stop was much more aggressive than what was needed and when my car finally stopped there was at least two full car lengths between my car and the car in front. The car behind me almost rear ended me. This incident has me concerned about inappropriate braking in the future. Does anyone have any suggestions?

"Screeching stop", from 15 MPH, when you lightly applied brakes? "Screeching" is brakes locked up and tires sliding on dry pavement, so is that what happened?
Screeching stop is probably not the correct word. It was a stop where the ABS was fully activated. I was not stepping on the brake pedal hard enough for the ABS to be applied but I think something in the accident avoidance system inappropriately activated it.