Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Almost ICE'd at Burlington, NC Supercharger - 7 of 8 Stalls Blocked

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The beauty of this nose-in stall is that all you have to do is back up onto the grass (in HIGH mode) enough to connect the cable. No biggie.

IMG_2125.JPG

--

Last edited:
+1 how ignorant can these people be, there are signs right in front of them.

I find comments of this nature to be repugnant and quite frankly distasteful. This forum is no place for such abhorrent comments.
However, after a quick glance at the indigenous attendees BMI, I believe they might actually be attending a free bacon giveaway.

Same thing with the newly opened superchargers in Sweden. Picture from the Norwegian forum.

supercharger-iceing-sweden.jpg

I'd much prefer a longer walk to the nearest food vendor and toilet, if that means the supercharger spots become less attractive for ICE-heads or can be reserved for Teslas only.

Ideally, I'd like a barrier which can be opened by homelink in the car (or alternatively the fob) to ensure that only Teslas can even enter the supercharger area.

This thread was something like 8 months dead when it was bumped.......

Just chiming in on the "supercharger extension cord" ... probably impossible. Those cables carry such high amperage, any additional resistance would be bad, and there will be resistance in the wiring as well as the two ends of any extension cord.

See my IR pics of the Burlington, NC (the one discussed here, actually) supercharger and you can see there is already a lot of heat built up in the wire, and I only charged to ~175 RM in those pics.

Supercharging IR Pics (fun!)

Same thing with the newly opened superchargers in Sweden. Picture from the Norwegian forum.

View attachment 53769

I'd much prefer a longer walk to the nearest food vendor and toilet, if that means the supercharger spots become less attractive for ICE-heads or can be reserved for Teslas only.

Ideally, I'd like a barrier which can be opened by homelink in the car (or alternatively the fob) to ensure that only Teslas can even enter the supercharger area.

It's encouraging to see that people are inconsiderate, stupid, and rude the world over:) Isn't the human race wonderful!

He may be off a bit, but how many superchargers have you used? Those lines are not properly located for the supercharges.
Backing into an SC spot is always a pain for me, as the sight-lines on the car are off due both to the offset camera & to the different axle widths and there still aren't any guide-lines in the backup camera display.

To be slightly more back on track with the recent off topic theme: I'd rather walk a quarter mile to some obscure corner of the parking lot than deal with charging spots poached by the clue-free.

It's a shame that the Tesla driver is also blocking two spots. I'd say that is just as bad.

Actually, I'd say the lines in Sweden are not painted right. It's probably very difficult to get the heavy and rigid supercharger cable in the car if you park within the lines.

In Norway the lines are mostly painted right out of the middle from each stall. Picture from the new Supercharger at Vinje (from the Norwegian forum):

vinje_site.jpg

Evidently the Tegra 3 chipset has a bug that doesn't allow it overlay graphics on live video. Lame, if true. That's why Tesla has to shift the rear view camera view down a bunch when the Homelink buttons pop down as they can't draw over top the live video stream. Same reason why no backup lines painted over either.

I hope Nvidia comes up with firmware patch to fix this, if true.

It's a NVidia Tegra. A general purpose computer. It can spend its processing power calculating Pi to the billionth digit or drawing fancy lines on video.
Not the version in the Tesla. It can pass the video through, but does not have the horse power to actually process the pixels.

You'll notice they never draw anything on top of the video. If something pops up, the video moves down or is turned off.