TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Almost order time

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Rawad H., Jun 13, 2014.

1. Rawad H.

Rawad H. Member

Will be placing order mid July can't wait! I'm almost positive of my selections

85 kW
    red
    pano
    tech
    Does tesla offer to do tints and is there a tire insurance you can buy? I drive a lot. everything else standard

2. jthompson

jthompson JThompson

@Rawad H.: If it is not on the Tesla website they don't sell it. So the answer is no on the tint and no on the tire insurance (although the new tires will come with the tire manufacturer standard warranty).

3. Lump

Lump Active Member

Add parking sensors for $500 more, they charge over $6k to have them installed after delivery & having a bumper scrape repaired is going to cost a lot more then $500.

Don't think they offer tire insurance.

4. GoBlue88

GoBlue88 Member

Yeah, get the parking sensors for sure.

5. USCjon

USCjon Member

Add parking sensor

6. meteoritehunter

Duel chargers! Can't imagine charging without them.
    parking sensors a must. Air suspension is fantastic.

7. Pilot_51

Pilot_51 Member

Yay, another Michigander! Welcome!

In my case, with money tight, I couldn't justify dual chargers just for the "what if", when I expect to always charge overnight or at a Supercharger or other DC charger. The only reason I even considered it was because installing it afterwards costs $2100 more than the factory installed price. It will be different for every person, so consider it carefully and don't just go with what people say (opinions are strong here).
    I agree with parking sensors for the reasons Lump said.
    I chose air suspension basically because I wanted the ownership experience. From the reviews I've read, people are happy with both suspensions and preference is kind of split between them for various reasons.
    I also chose fog lamps and subzero package since fog is common in the fall around where I live and it gets very icy in winter. At $500 each for a little added safety, comfort, and convenience, I thought it was worth it.

8. Rockster

Rockster Active Member

I'm pretty sure that Discount Tire will sell you a tire warranty for the tires on any car purchased new within the past 30 days.

9. mibaro2

mibaro2 Member

Parking sensors and air suspension.
    I don't have parking sensors, and wish I had bought them initially.
    Air suspension is great. I figure raising and lowering the car may come in handy ( whether for a bad incline, or a big snowfall).
    btw...red is a great color :biggrin: