Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Almost ready with FSD Beta V9

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I appreciate that Tesla has avoided added visualization interpolation since it would clean up the jiggle and wiggle but add latency and inaccuracy. Actually it's interesting that the most recent neural networks look at the last 15 frames since they must have developed a way to prevent it adding latency in the same way.

Capital "Vision" in "Tesla Vision" suggests a new name for Autopilot and or FSD maybe in the works.

It would be something if Tesla renamed the "FSD" package as the "Tesla Vision" package. In fact, Mobileye is selling a L2 package very similar to Tesla's "FSD" that they are calling "SuperVision" so the name would make sense. And I know people who purchased "FSD" would cry foul but it would solve some of the marketing issues with selling "FSD". By calling it "Tesla Vision", they could add driving features without the implication that they are self-driving. Tesla has renamed and shuffled features around before, like when they cancelled Enhanced Autopilot and moved those features to "FSD". So it would not be without precedent.

It would be something if Tesla renamed the "FSD" package as the "Tesla Vision" package. In fact, Mobileye is selling a L2 package very similar to Tesla's "FSD" that they are calling "SuperVision" so the name would make sense. And I know people who purchased "FSD" would cry foul but it would solve some of the marketing issues with selling "FSD". By calling it "Tesla Vision", they could add driving features without the implication that they are self-driving. Tesla has renamed and shuffled features around before, like when they cancelled Enhanced Autopilot and moved those features to "FSD". So it would not be without precedent.
Ugh, Tesla Vision immediately makes me think of Wonkavision which didn't work out well for that little 1971 cowboy kid.
How about Full Self Driving - now with just Vision or Visual Self Driving VSD?

Good for them if they are going for a name change, and adding the MMW in-car radar monitoring. That would put them back in the game as a pro-active safety company.

"SuperVision" is a great play on words.

"Tesla Vision" not so much.

Anyway, if they are going to do this properly, they should rebrand the whole AP suite into Vision - for everyone - and properly transition the cars over. This would mean clear indication of available functionality in an "about" box in the car UI, and no reduction in the end-state capability that was sold at the time ("really!")

At the moment the various flavours of AP are confusing (and that's from someone that has been following the subject since AP was announced).

Ugh, Tesla Vision immediately makes me think of Wonkavision which didn't work out well for that little 1971 cowboy kid.
How about Full Self Driving - now with just Vision or Visual Self Driving VSD?

Good for them if they are going for a name change, and adding the MMW in-car radar monitoring. That would put them back in the game as a pro-active safety company.

Your names are way too wordy. Marketing likes things short and spiffy.

I like "Tesla Vision". It is short and gets to the point. It has "Tesla" in the name so you know who it is from. And it has "Vision" in the name so you know what it is about. It feels like a good brand name. It basically says "this is Tesla's proprietary camera vision system."

Your names are way too wordy. Marketing likes things short and spiffy.

I like "Tesla Vision". It is short and gets to the point. It has "Tesla" in the name so you know who it is from. And it has "Vision" in the name so you know what it is about. It feels like a good brand name. It basically says "this is Tesla's proprietary camera vision system."

And I hate marketing names and messages that don't actually tell you what you need to know.
Tesla Vision doesn't tell you what it does.

The problem with the FSD name is that it's not yet(?) FSD. If Tesla eventually succeeds, the FSD name will be accurate. But for now it needs to be called Future FSD or FSD While U Wait.

• Funny
Reactions: APotatoGod
And I hate marketing names and messages that don't actually tell you what you need to know.
Tesla Vision doesn't tell you what it does.

Yeah I get that. But it is pretty common in marketing. They tend to like names that are catchy rather than informative. Names are not really designed to say what the product is. They are designed to be memorable and hopefully entice people into learning more about the product.

For example, at my job, we are launching a 2 week summer math program for disadvantaged students to help them get ready for freshman math in college. We call the program "Rose Prime". Rose because that is our school's name and Prime because it is a math term and we thought it would make people think of priming the pump which is what the program is designed to do. It does not really say what the program is but it is short and catchy.

The problem with the FSD name is that it's not yet(?) FSD. Call it Future FSD or FSD While U Wait.

I agree that those names would be more descriptive of what the current "FSD" gives us but those names are not really marketable.

Capital "Vision" in "Tesla Vision" suggests a new name for Autopilot and or FSD maybe in the works.
Tesla Vision has been a thing since at least the Autonomy Day presentation.
And has been on the Autopilot website at least since then as well:
1619548975951.png

If they are rebranding something new and leaving current FSD owners with something less, there will be hell to pay.
My whole point is that they are NOT re-branding $#hit, just people making stuff up on here, and coincidentally it is the ones that do not like to read what "Full Self Driving Capability" is, as defined by Tesla.

It is all on here Autopilot
and it has been there for years, including Tesla Vision.