Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alpha Build

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
tesla-s-2011-01-18.jpg

18115260-623x389.jpg

I dislike this new front spoiler. I like the smoother curves on the first prototype. The alpha has this plastic ridge protruding out. I hope they did that for aerodynamics, becuase it doesn't work as far as appearance IMO.

+1 on the awkward ridge on the side below the door.

Other than that, I like the appearance.

So I am thinking if the front black "nose cone" in the Alpha is the final design, it actually might look pretty good if the material were carbon fiber instead of glossy black plastic. Anyone able to photo-shop a carbon fiber "nose cone" onto the car and post pic?

It COULD work, many cars have that (my GLI did and my R8 also has a similar black front). I guess we'll see though, as I said, it could just be a cover to hide what it is. There's no Tesla logo on the back so far as I can see (though there's the obvious one on the hood, which does match the Roadster's styling).

It's grown on me, and I've got faith that the last lingering bits will be cleaned up. I do agree with someone above re: the less organic lines -- though the changes may have been made for aerodynamics.

These days I'm driving around on the snow and I really hope that front lip isn't too low to the ground. Otherwise this will be problematic when it snows. I suppose I can always hope for air suspension that allows you to raise the car an inch or two at very low speeds. Something like Citroen had before. That way I can get the car across the pile of snow the snowplow left behind.

Cobos

These days I'm driving around on the snow and I really hope that front lip isn't too low to the ground. Otherwise this will be problematic when it snows. I suppose I can always hope for air suspension that allows you to raise the car an inch or two at very low speeds. Something like Citroen had before. That way I can get the car across the pile of snow the snowplow left behind.

Cobos

From the video, my car sits lower than the S and it's not a problem. Though I guess in Norway it could be another matter

I did a quick photoshop of a chrome line across the front grille and it looks MUCH better. If someone would send me an email I would send you the pic and you could see what I mean. It is really an improvement for so little effort. stelling at napanet dot net gets it. I don't post to any of these photobucket places, so you just get jpeg.

I did a quick photoshop of a chrome line across the front grille and it looks MUCH better. If someone would send me an email I would send you the pic and you could see what I mean. It is really an improvement for so little effort. stelling at napanet dot net gets it. I don't post to any of these photobucket places, so you just get jpeg.

upload to something like tinypic.com and post

You can upload pictures here if you wish.

Funny thing to me is that MOST cars are kind of going with that flat front look that I thought was kind of dictated by the EU Pedistrian safety regs. Seems that TM is managing to stay away from that. I am glad they are but wonder if it might change the front with meeting those standards ?!?!?!?