TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Alpharetta, GA - Service Center

Discussion in 'Southeast' started by MS75, Jun 6, 2018.

1. MS75

MS75 Member

Someone posted in the local FB group about sighting of a new Tesla Service Center in Alpharetta, GA. Tesla sign is up so it's a more a question of when instead of if.

It's coming up in an erstwhile Kia dealership lot on Upper Hembree road next to United BMW.. Link to Google maps - Google Maps

Would be good to know a tentative opening date to start scheduling service appointments and if the planned Alpharetta, GA supercharger will be housed at this location or not.

• Like x 1
  2. codeoverride

codeoverride New Member

I spoke with a sales advisor at another location today and he said that July 7th will be the opening date

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  3. Thunder7ga

Thunder7ga Member

That would be AWESOME! I won't have the car for several more months, but this would be SO MUCH more convenient.

4. Chuq

Chuq Active Member

• Like x 1
  5. SIr Littlelot

SIr Littlelot Member

I went to the Decatur service center and was told that the Alpharetta service center is open since 07/09/218. If I find some time this weekend I will go and check it out...

• Like x 1
  6. Chuq

Chuq Active Member

I notice that @SKRGO found that the service centre 2x urban superchargers were live! Supercharger - Alpharetta

I looked at Tesla's map and it shows the service centre as open, with no SCs listed, and a "coming soon" Alpharetta supercharger.

So my guess is that this will be one of those "unlisted" superchargers which Tesla doesn't want to promote, and that there will be a separate dedicated supercharger location coming to Alpharetta (2019 according to the map).

• Informative x 2
  7. SKRGO

SKRGO Member

so is a Tesla Urban charger also a SuperCharger? or a small SuperCharger?

8. JulienW

JulienW Member

"Supercharger stations in urban areas" Tesla

Supercharging Cities

• Informative x 1
  9. DaddyP713

DaddyP713 Member

I have service scheduled for my Model S at the service center next Friday. We'll see how it goes.

• Informative x 1
  10. ScooterJim

ScooterJim Member

I rode my motorcycle checking out some of the local destination chargers at hotels in the Town Center area in Kennesaw, Atlanta Chinatown mall, and at Fire and Brimstone in Alpharetta. I also stop by the Alpharetta Service Center and there was a model 3 charging by two young men who was charging for their parents car that was just purchased yesterday. The chargers are the urban style, 72kw.

• Like x 1
  11. Thunder7ga

Thunder7ga Member

Nice. Glad to hear it. Thanks for the update.

12. Bighorn

Bighorn Top Supercharger

Charging here now to add to my count, but this won’t ever be a listed official site on the NAV.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  13. DaddyP713

DaddyP713 Member

Shiny.

I dropped my Model S off for her first/12k mile service.

I like this location MUCH better than Decatur. Lots of parking, not cramped, easy to access.

They are a little discombobulated at the moment, but were great to deal with. 20180727_085546.jpg 20180727_085601.jpg

• Like x 2
  14. Bighorn

Bighorn Top Supercharger

They were super nice to me. Manager called a meeting and had me give a talk to the new employees about customer culture and the supercharger competition. Very receptive on their first day.

• Like x 3
  15. Thunder7ga

Thunder7ga Member

I was on the Tesla website as I am thinking about scheduling a visit to get a few items from the inspection at delivery day taken care of, but Alpharetta/Roswell was not listed. Only had Marietta and Decatur....I guess you have to call this one?

16. DaddyP713

DaddyP713 Member

Yes, I had to call. They said that their scheduling system is not yet integrated with the online system. Maybe in a few months we will be able to schedule service online...

17. Thunder7ga

Thunder7ga Member

E38FAE68-42EE-4154-92A2-098F6B096733.jpeg B21D6DDD-A504-4E60-9715-67B74F359D61.jpeg 21149448-FD6A-4650-968C-32BE7AA596DF.jpeg ACC2D081-EF89-464A-B643-0166FBFB6DA0.jpeg 0655276D-FFF3-4AE3-86B6-23BA71B7EFA3.jpeg At the Service Center today getting a few small things taken care of. They are doing deliveries from here now but not a lot like the other 2 in metro ATL. Was hoping to see a P3D but they delivered the last one in the lot on Saturday. Really nice place.

• Like x 2
  18. WINGIT

WINGIT Supporting Member

What was your experience with the service, people, communication, etc?