TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Already Dreaming Mammoth/Tahoe? Need "Emergency Chains" You Can Actually Use?

Discussion in 'Tesla Parts for Sale' started by ForeverFree, Aug 18, 2018.

1. ForeverFree

ForeverFree Supporting Member

One of the great things about an AWD Tesla is that, shod in all-seasons, it will get you through most CHP chain control points.

However, if Level 3 controls are in effect, you'll need chains. And, for L1 and L2 controls, you're supposed to have chains on board.

Trouble is, chains -- even cable chains -- are a pain.

Researching the topic last fall, I discovered AutoSocks. They seemed too good to be true, but the reviews, including here on TMC, were all positive.

So, I purchased a set for our S and a set for our 3.

Of course, a dry snow year followed ... and then we sold our S (for another 3).

Hence, I have available a set of AutoSock 695s, which will fit an S with 19" wheels and standard-size tires. Brand new and unused (except for stationary fit test in driveway).

Purchased for $99.95. Will sell for $65 local (LA, SFV) pick-up or drop-off. $5 more to ship.

Please PM me if interested.

And, think snow!