TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Already VIN assigned, thoughts on changing from Aero to 19in sport

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by scherer326, Sep 1, 2018.

1. scherer326

scherer326 Member

just ordered RWD, MSM, Aero on Tuesday and already have a vin assigned. I am really thinking about switching to the 19in sport wheels. Any thoughts on timing if I switch with my same existing combination (just wheels would be changed).

2. Snow Drift

Snow Drift Slip Start: [Activated]

Why pay extra for the same 19s that everyone will have? Just get some aftermarket wheels and be unique. Also, depending on where you live, the 18s can be used as your winter wheels.

• Like x 1
  3. MikeATL

MikeATL Member

When a guy named snowdrift gives you advice on winter tires, I think you should listen!

On whether it will delay you, my guess is that it depends on what is already built. I don’t think they’ll change your tires - they’ll take your current car away and find you another that matches your new configuration. A lot of RWD’s are already built so it might either match immediately or you could go in line to wait weeks or months from the factory.

4. ewoodrick

ewoodrick Active Member

It will cause you to lose your existing VIN and go back into the queue for a new one.
    Stay with the 18, they are the most efficient.

5. scherer326

scherer326 Member

I really want black rims so probably makes sense to find 18in black ones and keep the Aeros or get the 19in sport wheels and have them powder coated black after purchase.

6. Snow Drift

Snow Drift Slip Start: [Activated]

Model 3 Wheels

• Like x 1
  7. scherer326

scherer326 Member

Yup that’s what I saw, will they ship to an auto shop to have them installed.

8. Driver X

Driver X Member

I’m not personally a fan of the aero wheels. I’m not going to pay 60k for a car that has hub caps. Also not crazy about the look with them off. That’s how I feel, you may be different.