Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alternate routes.... it's disappointing so far.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's just strange because after you've selected the route / alternate route, it should ask you/prompt you "would you like to change to a faster route?" Instead of just rerouting, and then disappearing the alternate routes it had presented. Hope they update this.

Yeah, a prompt would be a welcome improvement. Increasing that route change time is great for specific scenarios, but once you are out of that scenario then it can be a big negative.

Reactions: bry_bry
Yeah, a prompt would be a welcome improvement. Increasing that route change time is great for specific scenarios, but once you are out of that scenario then it can be a big negative.
Rerouting to faster route just starting happening to me recently after I pick an alternate route that is only 5 minutes slower but preferred due to less traffic. Anyone else having this annoying problem of late?

Rerouting to faster route just starting happening to me recently after I pick an alternate route that is only 5 minutes slower but preferred due to less traffic. Anyone else having this annoying problem of late?
Yes, it happens to me too.

The built in nav is great 90% of the time but it really needs a few features/updates...
- persistence of alternate route
- minimum SoC on arrival
- saved multi-stop trips

Reactions: OxBrew
Peeked a bit into 2023.38, lots of stuff seems to be in motion.Congestion fees added (if you charge above 80% on a congested supercharger)"object on road" pushed by map service (waze-like, but detected by (other tesla) car visions?)option to autodial 911 on airbag deploy, alt route selection while driving instead of once at the start of navigation. Tesla text to speech for navigation (China first?)Something called Karaoke tuning

Reactions: fmanders