Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alternate to a usb drive for music

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It looks like my usb drive is corrupted and causing issues with my MCU going dark, I have the MCU2 update in my 2016 X. So what is my alternative for storing my music if I cannot use a usb drive.
A USB drive is the only way to play locally stored media. Many USB drives fail, especially the cheap ones. I use one of these SanDisk Extreme PRO® USB 3.2 Solid State Flash Drive (128 GB - 1 TB) | Western Digital | Western Digital Store. Expensive, but highly reliable, and it does not have the read/write limitations of the less expensive thumb drives.

I use a Samsung PRO Endurance MicroSDXC Memory Card and a SanDisk MobileMate USB 3.0 microSD Card Reader. The card is ideal for dash cams and is supposed to be able to handle the hot temps you'd find in a car. The card reader is nice because it has a low profile and doesn't stick out that far from the USB port.
shopping.png

It looks like my usb drive is corrupted and causing issues with my MCU going dark, I have the MCU2 update in my 2016 X. So what is my alternative for storing my music if I cannot use a usb drive.

I use the samsung drive..

I'm using an SSD drive if that is different. I had to many problems with FLASH drives.

I actually partitioned the drive so part of it is for Sentry and the other is for Music or Boombox..

• Informative
Reactions: Harvey Danger