TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Alternative Energy Day at Oregon Raceway Park

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by KyleORP, Jun 5, 2015.

1. KyleORP

KyleORP Member

Hello All,

Oregon Raceway Park presents the First Annual AlternativeEnergy Day in its continuing green initiative effort. Academics andManufacturers from across the country will arrive at ORP Thursday July 2, 2015to unveil the advancement in alternative energy technology through the use ofsolar, electric and electromotive vehicles.
    ORP is working with local high schools and colleges by presentingtomorrows technology today says ORP’s Operations Manager Bill Murray. Bydisplaying the link between high school, college and major manufacturers in theengineering fields, ORP is helping turn students into tomorrow’sengineers.
    Solar, battery and electromotive cars will be displayed andtested on track. ORP is providing a venue in beautiful Grass Valley, Oregonwhich consists of a paved 2.3 mile circuit that will test a cars handling,braking and endurance. Controlledendurance racing and testing will be taking place throughout the day. This is agreat way for the media and public to see this technology applied in a realworld setting and spectators are highly encouraged to attend.

We are looking for Tesla volunteers to put on a "real world" show and shine. Talk to local media and students about what it's like to have these vehicles in your daily life.

Any questions, please contact Kyle Nadeau at Oregon Raceway Park. 541-333-2452

2. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Welcome to the forum!

I think I met you a few weeks back during a track event at ORP. Bummer that I will be in California on July 2nd. Hope you guys have a great event.

3. KyleORP

KyleORP Member

Yup, that was me! Too bad you're not in town, its going to be a great event. See you next time.

4. ww73

ww73 Member

Looks interesting. Let me get back to you.

Are you expecting us just to show the car, or does that include lapping?

5. KyleORP

KyleORP Member

It is a show and shine event. No lapping

6. ww73

ww73 Member

#6 ww73, Jun 5, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2015
    bummer! It's a pretty long way from seattle to hang out in a parking lot. If you'll allow some lapping then it'll be worth the drive.

7. KyleORP

KyleORP Member

Sorry! Insurance for this event only allows the solar and electromotive cars on track, but feel free to join the ORP Club and come do some open lapping!

8. donv

donv Member

Do you have a 220 outlet or (better yet) an HPWC at ORP?

9. KyleORP

KyleORP Member

Unfortunately I do not. There is a superstation in The Dalles and Pendleton.

I would like Tesla Motors to install one here at ORP

10. donv

donv Member

Have you contacted Tesla about their destination charging program? That would get you an HPWC, assuming you have sufficient electrical service to the track.

Even a simple 220 dryer plug would be helpful.

11. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Kyle, there is a 240V/40A RV plug west of the office building. It was operational when I was there last chatting with you...