Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alternative Energy Racing in the UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What were the times and terminal speeds from this run?
Here are my times... next year I want to spend more time racing ICE and less time talking :biggrin:

Santa_Pod_2012.jpg

The reaction time doesn't actually count towards your final time in this event - the clock starts when the car moves. The reaction time is just a pride thing :) Note in the run against the tuned PT Cruiser above, I did a better time even though he was slightly ahead of me the whole way down the strip and he had 1 mph better terminal velocity. Shows the Ampera has better acceleration at road legal speeds.

It was slightly anoying that they provided us with a *diesel generator* to charge from this year. That alone is not allowed in the manual and even worse Vauxhall's Ampera Manager was there to see it... Next time we need some of PV4EV's friend's solar car ports.

Hi everyone, I’m neale from Santa Pod Raceway and I’m working on the Alternative Energy Racing event for next year.

Just a heads up for your diaries at this stage as there is still a lot of planning to do.

The date we have allocated for next year’s meet is the 6[SUP]th[/SUP] of May which is a bank holiday Monday.

I hope all who attended last year enjoyed themselves, it certainly looks that way, it would be nice to get some feedback from last year’s event and maybe some suggestions going for next year.

PS, I’m sorry to have to report that the excellent Black Current electric Beetle suffered a catastrophic fire at a race in Germany earlier this year. Fear not though; the brothers remain undaunted and are in the process of constructing another, even quicker car.