Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alternative mobile app Tessie

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

susanb

May 15, 2023
texas
I installed the mobile app Tessie and connected my Tesla account. It basically provided the same functionality as the Tesla app so I deleted it. Now my Tesla app won’t work with my new Y but does still work with the 3. I get the 504 connection error for the Y. How do I get my app to reconnect with it? Should I maybe reinstall the Tessie and sign out since I didn’t do that?

It basically provided the same functionality as the Tesla app so I deleted it.

From what I can found, you cannot make a service appointment or contact roadside assistace.
locate superchargers, access the sentry cameras, or just unlock your car using bluetooth....

So why to delete the Tesla App?
It seems that Tessie is more a complementary App similar to TeslaFi.

I installed the mobile app Tessie and connected my Tesla account. It basically provided the same functionality as the Tesla app so I deleted it. Now my Tesla app won’t work with my new Y but does still work with the 3. I get the 504 connection error for the Y. How do I get my app to reconnect with it? Should I maybe reinstall the Tessie and sign out since I didn’t do that?
If all you're looking for is the same functionality as what's in the Tesla app - then there's no reason to use anything but the Tesla app. If you're looking for more control over automation functions and actual trip reporting features - which the Tesla app doesn't even offer - then the third party apps come into the picture. I've been using Tessie since we bought our MY LR on 3/30/2023 for trip reporting in particular as I find the reporting features extremely useful to help learn how to drive the vehicle more efficiently over time - without having to sit in the vehicle and view some of this data - which is the only place I can easily see a subset of this data outside of the Tessie app itself. That's worth $5/month for me personally - but YMMV of course. :cool:

I just deleted the Tessie app and my Tesla app still works fine. I decided to try out TeslaFi for its reporting capabilities. I haven't decided yet whether to subscribe or not but I do like all the trip reporting.

One question I have and I have no way to know how to deal with this is the savings calculation. Yes I can program local gas costs and even peak/non-peak KWH hour costs but we have solar so I have no idea how much energy is essentially free or how to tell the TeslaFi/others how to consider solar.
In the winter when we have less sunlight charging after 9PM is more reliably calculated but in the summer I can charge during the day and its all solar generated.
In fact right now our peak/non-peak prices are very close so I sometimes charge during peak times.

Anybody figured out ways to incorporate solar into their calcs?

Here are the reasons and additional functionality that I am evaluating Tessie app right now
  1. It allows you to see the real-time (live) drive data as the vehicle is moving on the road. Good to know where your car is and at what speed it is being driven at (hint: teenagers). Also if your car is stolen you can monitor live realtime location on the road where as Tesla app updates are very slow only update when car parked.
  2. Keep daily/monthly driving history and get valuable analytics of your driving patterns. Good for calculating business miles for tax purposes.
  3. Allows you to create multiple automations which the Tesla app does not let you create. Say I want to pre-cool/heat the car on weekdays at 8am before going to work and also at 5pm before returning home. Then on weekend I want 9am kids soccer match pre-cool. Tesla app only let you choose one time period.
  4. Integration with Google Assistant and Alexa where you can not only use voice commands to do things with Tesla but also create Alexa and google routines and combine Tesla functionality with smart home appliances.
  5. You can setup MANY alerts say when 6000 miles car tire rotation is due, or when car speed crosses 80mph limit to name a few. This list of alerts is very long.
  6. Setup geofence alerts. Say I want to be alerted when my son reaches university radius and when he starts trip back home so we know when to expect him back.
Additionally, you can use Tessie's integrations with iOS Shortcuts and IFTTT.

Last edited:
I signed up for Tessie a couple weeks ago. Yesterday my credit card was compromised. I canceled my trial subscription. I am just being prudent. I hope no one else has seen a coincidence like that. I couldn't tie it back to anything else.

Here are the reasons and additional functionality that I am evaluating Tessie app right now
  1. It allows you to see the real-time (live) drive data as the vehicle is moving on the road. Good to know where your car is and at what speed it is being driven at (hint: teenagers). Also if your car is stolen you can monitor live realtime location on the road where as Tesla app updates are very slow only update when car parked.
I wonder if this is car-specific. My 2023 model 3 on the app shows updates every several seconds (no more than 5-10). I can see speed and location on the app.

So stupid, why would anyone trust a third party app to control your car like this? Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
Agree, I am just not that A/R about things. Also when I signed up i started getting strange popups on my computer. And the temporary charge came through as "Comnart" So I just bailed. Didnt recognize what it was for. Guess I am just slow. Not slamming Tessie it just wasnt for me.