Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alternative rear console

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I'm sure everyone on this forum is well aquainted with Evannex's gorgeous rear center console for the Model S. If not, it is $329 and here is the link,
Rear Center Console Insert for Tesla Model S

I have no doubt that like all Evannex products this console is great but being a cheap kind of guy I installed an alternative from Cupholders Plus. It is not as nice as the Evannex and it will not match the seat material as well but for me it was the right choice. Thought I'd share my results.

$109.90 Camel (a decent match to my tan interior)
Bench Seat Console BC Cruuiser-229 (Camel color)
Bench Seat Cruiser Console

cup holder 1.JPG Cup holder 2.JPG

can you please comment on elbow rest height, as compared to the side door arm rests...

would you say the regular height (what you go) or the "tall" model for a few extra bucks would be most closely matched to the doors?

or for that matter, what's really important is how it feels as being a "good rest height".. can you get in the back and rest your arm on it and say whether you'd crave a couple more inches in height, or the one you got is "perfect"

The Evannex definitely seem flatter and lower arm rest height, and I can see from their photos, well below the side door armrest height. Hm. Being a taller family we'd like more I'd think.

I see they have a few black choices.. Sierra, Madrid, Midnight
I'm wondering which would match the Tesla black leather seats the best, if anybody has figured that out, please share. I notice they'll do color samples, so I may figure it out myself and will post back if I go this route

Last edited:
Chaserr I assume you are asking about the evampedup unit and not the unit from cupholders that I posted about, but you gave me a great idea. I could wire a USB extension cable from under the back side of the rear seat (same spot the tie off strap from the console runs to safely secure it) and tie into a 12V to usb converter. Maybe I'll even run two usb connectors. It would mean putting a small hole in the back side of the console but that should be no big deal. On a side note I just went to the evampedup website and they have a universal rear seat cupholder console that looks oddly similar to the one sold by cupholders plus except it is in black and is twice the price at $225 instead of $109.

• Helpful
Reactions: Jimmy 1 and LCR1
So I'm sure everyone on this forum is well aquainted with Evannex's gorgeous rear center console for the Model S. If not, it is $329 and here is the link,
Rear Center Console Insert for Tesla Model S

I have no doubt that like all Evannex products this console is great but being a cheap kind of guy I installed an alternative from Cupholders Plus. It is not as nice as the Evannex and it will not match the seat material as well but for me it was the right choice. Thought I'd share my results.

$109.90 Camel (a decent match to my tan interior)
Bench Seat Console BC Cruuiser-229 (Camel color)
Bench Seat Cruiser Console

View attachment 281210 View attachment 281211

I don’t like any of them, so I’ve decided to make my own. IMHO, the open cupholders on the front of both make for a clumsy design and both could also fit the contour of the seat better. Both look like an add-on.

My design will have a hidden spring-loaded dual cup holder that pops out of the front when in use but will not be visible when not in use. I want the design to look like it’s more integrated with the car. Leather and other parts necessary to make it are on order. I’ll post photos as I assemble it.

I don’t like any of them, so I’ve decided to make my own. IMHO, the open cupholders on the front of both make for a clumsy design and both could also fit the contour of the seat better. Both look like an add-on.

My design will have a hidden spring-loaded dual cup holder that pops out of the front when in use but will not be visible when not in use. I want the design to look like it’s more integrated with the car. Leather and other parts necessary to make it are on order. I’ll post photos as I assemble it.

Cheers, thanks! Looking forward to seeing your designs and ideas.

Got mine in, same camel color as @Austindude

Good match to tan leather, a nice subtle look wit the only accents being the metal around the cup holders. The top opens sideways, so it's better for a driver side rear passenger, and there is indeed plenty of room to add charging outlets inside.

Now have all of the materials on hand. Work starts this week.

How much do you think it will cost? If you're selling, I'm definitely interested

I started work this weekend. Have the basic shape put together and it fits the seat perfectly. The structure is made of 3/8s baltic birch ply, which will be covered with padded beige leather to match the seats and lined with black alacantara. It will also have a few carbon fiber accents, as does my car. The extendable cup holders are installed and full functional (they're installed on the front but hidden away until you need them -- one push on the flap covering them extends them). Will post some photos of where I stand now and as progress is made.

This is likely to be a one-off for my own car. but I'll think about production once it's finished.

• Informative
Reactions: Jimmy 1 and pkodali
I started work this weekend. Have the basic shape put together and it fits the seat perfectly. The structure is made of 3/8s baltic birch ply, which will be covered with padded beige leather to match the seats and lined with black alacantara. It will also have a few carbon fiber accents, as does my car. The extendable cup holders are installed and full functional (they're installed on the front but hidden away until you need them -- one push on the flap covering them extends them). Will post some photos of where I stand now and as progress is made.

This is likely to be a one-off for my own car. but I'll think about production once it's finished.
Awesome, looking forward to those pictures

Reactions: Jimmy 1