Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alternative to indoor cover?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I go out of town for a week or so maybe four times a year. My Model S will be parked in my garage at home during these periods and I'd like to keep it covered to prevent dust accumulation. I'm hesitant to spend $400 on an indoor cover to use only a handful of times.

Is it reasonable to just (gently) throw a couple cotton bedsheets over the car? Yeah, it's a little ghetto but I think they might do the job and would be quick to put on and take off. Do I need to be worried about leaving the wheels or any other areas open for heat dissipation?

How many king-sized flat sheets do you think it would take to cover a Model S?

Agreed.

OP: Get some Optimum No Rinse or Ultima Waterless Wash and you can wash your car in 15-20 minutes with some high quality microfibers.

lol - okay fine. I'll just wash it. Hopefully it won't get too dusty. I really have no idea how much dust a car might get on it when it's garaged with no one going in or out. Guess it depends on how dusty the garage is, obv.

I keep my old classic car (1969 NSU Ro80) in the garage of a holiday house without a cover and drive it every second week-end.
I generally have to wash it ever 3rd time I use it, so 6 to 8 weeks between times.
I find a week or so without a cover I hardly notice any build up of dust.