Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alternative to JEDA USB hub 1/3 price

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all just so this video

and have ordered using his link just over £19 delivered , always thought the Jeda one was cool but overpriced but happy to jump onto this.

It may be a while before you receive it. I ordered one end of January and was advised it would be sent mid-February after the Chinese holidays. That has now slipped because of the Corona Virus. Had an email yesterday stating shipping now after 10th March!

It may be a while before you receive it. I ordered one end of January and was advised it would be sent mid-February after the Chinese holidays. That has now slipped because of the Corona Virus. Had an email yesterday stating shipping now after 10th March!

Yeah quite a lot of delays with stuff coming out of China but the savings make the wait worth it let us know when you get yours as I just want something that makes the cable mess and ssd hanging down a bit tidier.

Reactions: rEV gadget
I just want something that makes the cable mess and ssd hanging down a bit tidier.

The underside of the phone flap makes it easy to attach unfrequently used things to. I don't know how heavy your SSD is, but it may Velcro (attaching by other methods also an option) to the underside of the flap quite invisibly. Thats what I do to our SD card reader which is a couple of inches square and Velcro makes it easy to detach as and when needed. I also found, that along with a few other changes, not having it flapping around all seem to have added to reliability.

wasn't there a discussion about how these handle power delivery and a first batch had issues? Seem to remember seeing a tear down of the unit and it looked fairly basic inside but I don't think anyone deep dived the issues any further and Taptes were looking to make changes to the hub to overcome issues.

edit: also there was something about a manufacturing film being left of the port connections which caused connectivity issues post install